Hi everyone, I'm new to Comp Diesel!

BigRedDiesel

Stock4Now
Hey folks,
I'm Kevin, I started reading your forums last night and couldn't really stop for about 4 hours.... so I decided I really need to just register because I'm already addicted. I have been truckin' and trailerin' ever since I can remember. My first pickup was an '88 F250 4X4 7.3L 5spd. I got it from my dad after using it on our ranch for about 5 or so years, and I took it as my baby... my project. Changed most of the body panels, took a head off the engine, checked it out, reinstalled it, and a new fuel system, tried 2 different ATS turbo systems, gutted the interior, new carpet, sound system, sub.... 3" body lift that I installed myself... That eventually was my undoing. I didnt extend the steering shaft... oops! My steering gear went out and I wasn't equipped to mess with it at the time, so I traded it and my 79 F150 with a 460 in it for a 2004 6.0 PS Auto 4X4. I found out I really hate automatics. That fact and also the high payment coupled with my Subaru WRX (turbo lover here) payment was too taxing so I sold the Powerstroke and got a KIA sorento to pull my ski boat and be my wife's commuter. For about a year and a half, I was without a pickup... I hated it, and began looking around for cheaper powerstrokes. My sweetie and I saved up and got my BigRedDiesel.... 1995 F250 4X4 7.3L TDI 5spd. What led me to this site is that I now want to start making it "special". I'm sure you all know what that means. Looks like I will be needing to add an intercooler, downpipe, straight exhaust, tuner, intake, and of course more goodies to personalize my new ride. My other passion besides my new wife (since June 16 '07) is my 2002 WRX. I've modded that little bugger out a good deal, had to back off after losing my license enjoying the speed too much. I have loved turbos ever since riding with my dad in the tractor as a kid, hearing it spool up when you pull a load. I'm sure most of you know what I mean when I describe the feeling you get when you feel that burst of power as your turbo punches your engine full of good clean boosted air and shoots you off down the road or through the mud bog. Pretty unbeatable, isn't it? :rockwoot: Oh I also have an '80 Diesel Rabbit that i turboed and cracked the corner head bolt hole in the block. That little thing sounds like a semi when it's floored... but it's a project right now that I was actually supposed to sell if I got this PowerStroke. So, I'll quit rambling. It's good to be here, I can already tell there's a lot of great people with a lot of great diesel pickups on here. I'm looking forward to getting better aquainted. See you around!