Hi guys.

It's a re-con 230hp Cummins that came out of a Ford bus. It supposedly only has 55,000 miles on it. There is no lip at all inside the cylinders and they look pretty good. There are a few tiny marks up and down in, I think, cylinder 3 and 5. Other than that they look awesome. One thing I did find out though is there is no fuel plate in my pump. Soooo, I don't know about that.

Last edited:
Opened up the pump, and it looked like this:

P-pump014.jpg

P-pump016.jpg

P-pump015.jpg

P-pump013.jpg

P-pump012.jpg

P-pump011.jpg

Also got the oil pan off of the block today. Tomorrow I'm going to run and order parts and get some engine enamel, loc-tite, assembly lube, and some other little things to aid in the reassembly of it.

Welcome aboard Craig. Those are pretty dang good number for a ve on beans dyno. Like stated that dyno reads low compared to others. But it's just a number anyways. Good luck with the p pumper

Thanks Jake, I just blew a bunch of money on some go fast parts today so I'll be movin' along with it here pretty soon. In my spare time I've been polishing my valve covers. My lord what a job that is!! Sanding, sanding, and more sanding...

I hear ya. I been spending alot on parts myself. Got stuff ordered and stuff at the machine shop. My winter project turned into summer project that prolly won't be finished till next winter lol. Wana polish my stuff for me?

I know what you mean, this is taking longer than I had hoped already, it's hard to find a machine shop that wants to o-ring a head around here. I wish I had the tools to do that crap by myself.

I am definitely not polishing anything else. ahaha

Did you get a hold of Chris about having the head done ?

Didn't know you went to TS,Looking good as always!!

Slick ride man. Looks like someone has tinkered with the pump a little already.

i got a local machine shop doing my head craig. i cant really say anything as for there work yet cause i havent got it back yet, but i was recommended to them by several friends and they have a awesome shop. might check em out competition automotive and machince in brandonburg,ky.

Thanks for the recommendation Jake, I've got a few shops that I need to call that are pretty close by. I just need to get around to calling them.

I took my head to Enterprise Diesel in Ohio. Guys name is John, best place involving diesels I've been to yet. I was just going to have the head o-ringed, they were going to do it the same day I took it up so I could take it back with me! Then I decided to have some port work done and a valve job so I just left the head up there for a while. I also took my rocker arm pedestals to them so they could machine them down for my new studs. I'm going to pull the connecting rods and have them put marine style pistons on them. Also, I'm having Enterprise balance them. I should have a pretty solid foundation when I get my head and block back together. I already know I need bigger injectors so I'm going to see if the distributor I bought them off of will take them back and maybe sell me a bigger set. They've never been taken out of their package so they should take them back.

Also, a few weeks ago I got my 4kgsk installed. That was probably the easiest job I've done yet, super straight forward.

I don't know if I've told you guys, but I'm making a drag truck outta this thing instead of putting it in my 92.

86-90 reg. cab, short bed, 2wd Dodge. I'm going non-intercooled with the project so I wasn't worried about fitment issues up front. I would've did something a little more off the wall but I love the first gen body style. It's just hard to stray away from it when it's all you've ever owned.

I got the cam, crank, pistons/rods, and lifters out today. I finished stripping the block of little things (front housing, water pump, oil pump, oil cooler thingamajig). I'm taking the bare block to Ohio for a little cylinder work.

My god that crank was heavy.

Crumminsteardown005.jpg

Crumminsteardown006.jpg

Crumminsteardown008.jpg

Crumminsteardown009.jpg

Block005.jpg

I also separated the pistons and rods shortly after these pictures were taken.

Last edited:
Wow, what a build! Good looking truck, too! I've always wondered about putting 3rd gen duals on mine and had given it some thought. They actually make the truck look newer than it is! However, as rare as Alcoa's are, I'm gonna keep them. :D

Thanks a lot. I love the way they look, probably my favorite style dually wheel, next to a Rockstar, haha. Everybody hates them but I like the way they look.

Back