Hid headlights

F250SMOKER

SMOKIN ROOKIE
who has replaced their Factory headlights for after market HID lights?

if so what is your opinion and where did you purchase them?

I have a 2004 F250 4x4 CC

I'm looking to just change to the newer '05+ chrome lights cuz the Harley lights won't look good on mine.

I know "DFuser" sells a bunch of HID kits that are plug & Play.

Running Retro-Solutions 55w HIDs

ditto... Over a year now with only one hiccup... I mounted the relay upside down... Got water in it when I washed the engine bay and caused the lights to stay on... Took some shop air to it and let it dry... And it's been atleast a year since that... Knock on wood... No flickering or discoloration

also* Its the bixenon kit.... The gf is great :)... Harley headlights for b-day and xenons for Xmas

Last edited:
I wanna change to '05+ headlights too.

Wonder if they have a "Complete Conversion Kit" available that would use the HID's?

No just the HID kits no housing. OEM is the way to go and the rest is plug and play.

Sorry I had to reread what you were asking.

I'm running Harley headlights and Retro 55w 6000k HID's and LOVE them!!!! Absolutely the best upgrade I have done to the truck.

-French

I'm running Harley headlights and Retro 55w 6000k HID's and LOVE them!!!! Absolutely the best upgrade I have done to the truck.

-French

Now will this kit work with my factory '04 headlights or would i hafta upgrade to the 05-07 style lights? Oh, and do they make HIDS for the fog lights?

I just inquired about the kits for both headlight and fog, here is what I got...for a 2006 anyway...

In an 06 F250, you have H13 for the head lamps but 9145/H10 for the fogs. The DIGITAL kits will offer better longevity and reliability on average, so you are correct there.
The 55w kits do offer 30%-40% brighter output over the 35w color for color, so I'd recommend those to you. As well as for the color, I suggest the 6000k for a cool white output.
Head lamps:
http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-238/DIGITAL-SLIM-HID-XENON/Detail
Fogs:
http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-236/DIGITAL-SLIM-HID-XENON/Detail

Thanks,

Todd Strong - Retro-Solutions, LLC

I just put some on my 04 I went with a plug and play kit from eBay 55 watt digital ballast 4300k headlight and fog light. I love them, but I'm having issues with the fogs.

the fogs will not be plug and play....i burnt my fuse box up doing that..

relay the fogs

instead of HID's in the fogs, do they make really bright after market bulbs like silverstars or something?

I just ordered some dual HID (hi/low) 35w 6000k for $50! I figure if they're not any good I can resell them for that price.