HID light questions

I ordered some new clear housings for my headlights now just debating on whether I want to go HID's or not. What brand or from where would people recommend? The retro solutions kit looks like a good choice but not having any experience with these HID's I'm curious as to what everyone else has used.

i'm running a set of the 4300k's in my fog lights and i have a set of 4300k's to run in my head lights as well just rigging the wiring so i don't have a bulb out warning like when i first installed them. i get flashed every once in a while because of my fog lights just wait until i get my headlights as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody had a problem with the HID's running the battery dead or know what might cause it?

35w or 55w? or adjustable?

I have the silverstar ultra's but they just aren't enough!

Mine are 35w. Plenty of bright. Its nothing like a normal 55w Halogen.

whats the difference? I know the wattage but what does that necessarily mean? so factory is 55w, but there isnt much difference in price over the two!

whats the difference? I know the wattage but what does that necessarily mean? so factory is 55w, but there isnt much difference in price over the two!

the 55w HId will be brighter than the 35w HID. keep in mind that the 35W hid is bright as hell to begin with, brighter than a 100W halogen.
so basically 55w hid would be like the sun!

Retro solutions

I have the Retro solutions kit for my truck in 55w and 6K luminosity. I also bought matching 35w 6K fog light kit. The lights are bright as all **** and I get flashed all the time as I am still trying to get these stupid ebay black housing headlights adjusted properly.

I had a little bit of trouble with the fog light kit due to not enough power running through the factory harness. I talked with Todd Strong (retro solutions owner I believe) and he fixed me up right away and solved all the problems.

Overall the entire transaction went great even with problems. The installation was easy and I would post the pics I have if I could figure out how. The only difference I would do if doing it again is spend the extra money on the adjustable HIDs.

I have the Retro solutions kit for my truck in 55w and 6K luminosity. I also bought matching 35w 6K fog light kit. The lights are bright as all **** and I get flashed all the time as I am still trying to get these stupid ebay black housing headlights adjusted properly.
I get flashed all the time too did you get the high and low beam ones or did you just get low-beam only.. The good ole ebay special kit I picked up for 100 has high n low beam. The funny thing about it having high-low beam is there isnt that much of a difference between the two other then ones more directional then the other.

I purchased the Retro kit and then purchased black ebay housings for the look and I have the same problem there is little to no difference between high and low. The other day on the way to work in the fog I realized how badly both need to be adjusted as they are pointed dead center of the opposing lane which explains why I get plashed so much.