high egt's

Flat with the front of the top plate is how mine is ground. Thats how i always grind them. Not worth the risk of running without a plate when it has the same rack travel with a #0 IMO.

Im guessing your talking about the running away because of no plate. Which is just another internet myth.

again: too much fuel and no air

yes I realize i need a very large single to clean up most of the fuel i have, but currently have more important issues to that i have to take care before the proper turbo will go on, i was just using my truck as an example. I had too much fuel when all i had was a 0 plate in the truck. but still managed 458/1075 out of the stock turbo.

OP is dealing with a truck with a 215 pump, so he's a little ahead of you fueling wise. How quick is 'quick enough'? It's good to have someone running a similar turbo to get an idea of how it cools.

To the OP, try grinding a 100 plate and tossing it in. That way you don't have full fuel from the get go and not running hot right off the bat.

When does it peg the pyro? Highway speed WOT romps? Light acceleration? Pulling heavy loads? 0-100 mph runs? More details please.

the truck pins the guage in top of fourth and fifth at wot.

the truck pins the guage in top of fourth and fifth at wot.

Honestly, that's not bad then. Definately tune the AFC, to cool it off from the get go. I'd bet you'd still peg the pyro wide open in 5th even after all that tho.

Back