high idle

mstuck911

can you trick the cruise control to work for a high idle on a 2002 dodge 2500

Back in the day when i had a super chip on my DD. This was a while ago. It would idle up like the superchip had a high idle tune in it. After i removed it, it stopped doing it. Not sure if it was in the program or if the superchip was messed up and causing it to do it. But would only do it in the winter when it was cold

You can turn high idle ON with a DRB3. I just did it with my truck.

Google TSB 18-019-01

flash the truck with a smarty, BAM, high idle enabled.

Yeah, use the Smarty, Dodge/Cummins Scanner, or you can read up on MoparMan's way of doing it.

If you have the high idle enabled . with a smarty or go to the dealer to have it done then you can make a kit like moparman did on his truck to fool the system

I have tried to figure out how to get the high idle with my smarty and I can't seem to do it. HOW?!

Not to hijack his tread or anything. But I want to turn the idle down on my 2000. It idles at like 900 rpms all the time, no matter the weather conditions. I'd like to get it down to about 600 rpm idle speed.

Also, DISTURBED, what did you think of the SuperChip? I have had a Smarty and a Quadzilla on my truck recently. I didnt notice much more than response with the Smarty. The Adrenalin was decent for performance but I don't know how it would be daily driving in bad weather conditions (ik ik driver and power lever plays a roll in that). My truck didnt seem to like any added timing. I am just looking for a decent daily driver tuner/ programmer to kick my truck in the rear a little.

Thanks!

you can't turn the idle down on your truck. its contolled by the ecm. superchips are junk. do you have the control pod or pulse v2 for the quad?

You asked about using the cruise control for high idle. The answer is no, correct? Some of you other folks are talking about the "automatic" high idle that works when all conditions are good for engine warm up. Two different things to my knowledge...yes?

DRB tool will enable automatic high idle for sure.

Cruise for "adjustable, manual high idle"...no...as far as I know. Is this correct?

But, you can put a potentiometer on the APPS and have infinite adjustment if you are good with wires.

Last edited: