High mile 6.7 with no EGR deletes - Should I run?

Gravy

Giggity Giggity
So I am shopping for a Mega and I found a deal that may be too good to pass up or too good to be true. I found an 07 with 170,000 miles for less than $20k. It is priced right in line with its blue book value The EGR and DPF is still in place. Should I run? Or with that amount of miles in that few of years I would assume it is all highway, and not alot of time idling? Are there any high mile 6.7s out there with no deletes? I know obviously not on here, but have people heard of any?

I obviously know that blow by may be a concern and I may need a new turbo and get the deletes done ASAP, but I have some money set aside for items like that. I have about $25k-$27k to use for the truck, and I have already gotten the go ahead from the wife to buy a cheaper truck, if I can find one, and put the difference right into the truck. I was thinking full deletes and a mini max+overdrive software or EFI Live/ATS copilot, 425s/h11s, maybe a HG, and possibly a phatshaft 62, arson kit, and an airdog. Or should I just go for a trans rebuild immediately, deletes, and an H&S/EFI live?

So, would you guys take the deal? It is about a 4 hour drive from me and dont want to waste my time before I go.

Thanks
-Greg

That's a tough one. I have all of my OE parts in case I sell mine so they can go with it or be put back on. Personal or dealer? Well, really don't matter. I would make a family weekend getaway and enjoy weather or not you got it.

I would not be afraid if the engine shows no blowby, but my plan of attack would be H&S mini, an intake horn, forget the deletes and install a 3rd gen T4 manifold with a box stock 66 and have fun. Oh, and get the overdrive tune as well.

Go for it. I have seen several 6.7's with 200k+ that were all stock. And if its under $20k I'd go for it.

Thanks for all your help guys. The seller had a potential buyer he was meeting with today(pending financing from the buyers bank), and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have received a trade offer on another mega for my truck, but I am kinda wanting to play with the 6.7 to see what its like. I should know more in the next few hours. Fingers crossed as I hope this sale falls through.

-Greg