High Pressure Stand pipe.

03powerstroke35

Well After countless hours of trouble shooting replacing parts, the only thing that is left is the stand pipes. I biult a hpo gauge that connects to the check valves, when cranking it shows 0 psi i rempved hpop replaced with new unit (hoping that the pump had some internal failure) Didnt work. Guage still shows 0 psi. The icp and ipr are new.

So my question is how are the hpo stand pipes relaced? Can it be done with out removing heads? Who has done this?

Don't go getting crazy yet and start throwing parts at it.

The Stand Pipe is after the HPOP and they are just an open empty tubes. Unless it is completely broken in half or gone, you should see some pressure. I'm a little surprised that you don't have anything.

Are you sure you are getting pressure/oil to the HPOP? I ran into a situation (don’t ask) where the check valve in the oil filter housing was gone. So, as we cranked the engine over, the oil being pumped from the low pressure oil pump was just returned to the crank case. I could never build up any pressure, and I never could get her started.

When did this happen?

What were you doing to the truck?

When was the last time you changed your oil?

I pulled the truck into the garage removed two injectors on pass side thought to have stuck spool valves, cleaned rienstalled. i needed an oil change so before i started it i changed oil and filter. then tried to start it and hasent started since..

Ok. Lets start with some easy diag.

Go look at your old oil filter and see if anything is stuck to the bottom of it. You are looking for a round hollow black plastic peice. It has three legs on the bottom, a button on top that can be moved up and down and a spring in the middle that the button is pushing against.

If you don't see it on your oil filter, pull the oil cap off and take the new filter out. Below is a photo of where it is located. I took this shot when I put the Trusted Performance oil filter delete kit on. So, it isn’t the greatest photo. The first photo is for reference. The second one, I put white arrows pointing to where the check valve is. Make sure you have it there. If it floating around in your filter housing, you will need to put it back into the hole. It just snaps into place.

IMG_2277_1.jpg

IMG_2277_2.jpg

I'm walking out to my shop right now. So, if you need me to clairfy anything, give me a call 310-770-1358.

if it hasn't started since you had the injectors apart, did you put the parts back together the way they came apart, the spool has to be put in the right way, cause you can put those oil solinoid parts back together backwards, and you'll have a no start just like you have now. the housing that the spool goes in can be put on the wrong way also, take the two injectors out, take a third one out and verify you put the injectors back together right, hope this helps

if it hasn't started since you had the injectors apart, did you put the parts back together the way they came apart, the spool has to be put in the right way, cause you can put those oil solinoid parts back together backwards, and you'll have a no start just like you have now. the housing that the spool goes in can be put on the wrong way also, take the two injectors out, take a third one out and verify you put the injectors back together right, hope this helps

I did this twice already thinking that i reversed the valve. They were correctly assemled.

Ok. Lets start with some easy diag.

Go look at your old oil filter and see if anything is stuck to the bottom of it. You are looking for a round hollow black plastic peice. It has three legs on the bottom, a button on top that can be moved up and down and a spring in the middle that the button is pushing against.

If you don't see it on your oil filter, pull the oil cap off and take the new filter out. Below is a photo of where it is located. I took this shot when I put the Trusted Performance oil filter delete kit on. So, it isn’t the greatest photo. The first photo is for reference. The second one, I put white arrows pointing to where the check valve is. Make sure you have it there. If it floating around in your filter housing, you will need to put it back into the hole. It just snaps into place.

IMG_2277_1.jpg

IMG_2277_2.jpg

The valve is thier.

Did you use a motorcraft filter? Or an aftermarket filter?

Aftermarket filters have issues that your describing because it doesn't fit just right in the oil filter housing.

motorcraft oil filters filter better i heard same as there fuelfilters.Correct me if im . and they fit

Sometimes the aftermarket filters just don't fit right. I have seen aftermarket fuel filters that don't have the cellulose material on them. So it doesn't separate the water from the fuel. It all just works better with factory stuff.