high ratiorockers for 5.9-12v,24v, 6.7l, 6.0l,7.3l,6.6l

WOW!!! By the time im done with my valvetrain i wont have any money left for the rest of the engine :bang LOL

You might have to run higher lash to clear the piston which would negate any gain from the higher ratio. If a personm really wants to run a set I would have at least a .020 over HG and If running a healthy cam at least .060 valve reliefs cut. I can dstandard ratios but for the cost vs. power you would be better served spending money on chargers. We have 24v now but we are having a minor clearance problem with the cr engines. More to come.

Thanks

Zach

Do they come in any other color than orange?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0610082213.jpg
    0610082213.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 324
I was just curious since they look exactly like the photo of Harland Sharp rockers?

Harland Sharp does make them for me. I looked at a few different manufacturers before I settled on them. If your trying to go directly to the source feel free. Harland Sharp, Strongsville Ohio.

Zach Hamilton

I`ve been running a set harland sharps all year. Fact is I think we were the first to run them. you will need to do some grinding on the rocker & the valve cover on the cr motors.

Harland Sharp does make them for me. I looked at a few different manufacturers before I settled on them. If your trying to go directly to the source feel free. Harland Sharp, Strongsville Ohio.

Zach Hamilton
I was just curious. Harland Sharp does excellent work and they've worked on perfecting this design since 2003. Their quality shines through when you hold them in your hands!

You list the rockers for a 6.0. Has any work been done yet for those engines? In 06 HS was talking about 75-100k in development costs for those parts. Just wondering if that has changed.

you will need to do some grinding on the rocker & the valve cover on the cr motors.

What yr CR motor. I wonder if the newer CR's cover has any more room than the previous yrs.

You're saying you have to take away material from both for it to hit the cover ?

What yr CR motor. I wonder if the newer CR's cover has any more room than the previous yrs.

You're saying you have to take away material from both for it to hit the cover ?

05 cr cover. I sent photos to harland sharp showing where they need to trim. I`ll get you a photo although the ones you would get will probabley be updated versions

There should have only been about 5-6 sets that are untrimmed, John. I believe most were sent back to HS for modifications.

They are definitely lighter but I will have to get my gram scale out and calibrated to give you an exact #. Stay tuned

how about the change in rotational inertia??? That would be the more important figure as the parts are rotating.

Also Less, the part is lighter. Sure the ratio is higher but only one point, so it doesn't have a major negative impact on rotational inertia. To have the least amount of rotational inertia, if that is your goal, you would need to move to the lightest materials possible, Titanium would be a good start. Also to have less rotational mass you would want to go down in ratio. So then that begs the question, Is the slightly higher rotational inertia associated with higher rocker ratios worth it. Hell yes it is. You aren't going to make more power opening the valve less.

All the problems and walls we hit on the road to more power have to be over come with some trade offs. For the valvetrain to work correctly at high RPM and higher boost the springs have to be more rigid, which means more pressure. As power increases the pushrods tend to deflect, so heavier and more rigid parts have to be designed. As there starts to be major restriction in the head, the cam has to accelerate the valvetrain much more aggresively, so that the opening and closing events can happen inside the small window they need to keep driveability good, and still move some major air. So you have to ask yourself what is your primary goal. If it is to keep rotational inertia at a minimum, I can cut you a set out of titanium and I can lower the ratio to whatever you want. If your goal is absolute power, well then we can stress the valvetrain to the absolute maximum forces it can handle. And have a damn good time making as much power as the engine and its components will take. I have made a living out of pushing limits breaking stuff, redesigning it, and making it all live happily together. I choose absolute MAXIMUM POWER, whatever the trade off!

Zach Hamilton

Talked with harland sharp down at the pri show, they had a set of the rockers there at the show, nice looking pieces.