highest hp cr on fuel?

PDI was running II injectors, Dual Fuelers and turbos.
Dominator has made some big hp in their pulling truck. I think it is in the new issue of Diesel Power. They listed the hp there. They also run II product.

RideIcon said:
that mega cab with the phat bastard was at over 1000hp on fuel only

True...that is the mega cab from PDI previously mentioned at 1008.1 HP. Looks like that truck is king of the hill right now for the 5.9 CR.

But I predict that there will be at least four maybe five trucks that get well over 1000hp in the next few months.

Last edited:
Industrial injection had one that they claimed over 1000 on #2.
They claim it was a pain in the A$$ and will not likely do it again.

Sold it to a Canadian guy.

I don't get how alot of guys are hitting the 1000hp mark. I have all the right tuning with help from barry at nadp and all the fueling from industrial and alot of nos and im still not hitting that mark.I made 891 this weekend and 1800trq which was cool but im not getting that 1000hp....

What dyno did you run on? It makes a difference if it is on a mustang or a dynojet etc. One hint, dont listen too much to one person when it comes to making a good engine, listen to lots of people and then make your own decision...... I have dealt with Barry lots in the past, and yes,, he does make fast,, but he isnt the only expert out there,,,,, hope that was PC enough

Kevin

morkable said:
What dyno did you run on? It makes a difference if it is on a mustang or a dynojet etc. One hint, dont listen too much to one person when it comes to making a good engine, listen to lots of people and then make your own decision...... I have dealt with Barry lots in the past, and yes,, he does make fast,, but he isnt the only expert out there,,,,, hope that was PC enough

Kevin
I was on a dyno jet but it didn't have a load unit... I've made all my dicisions on my truck but I've had some help with some tuning and barry was the man that helped me..I have a 4 door long bed on 37'' that runs low 11.s on 1 stage of nos should be in 10.90 with new set up..Whats
your 1093hp truck run?????

Lenny R said:
Ya I made 930 at 1676 on a stock moter.Cam,valve springs,2 stock CP3s,TST on lvl 3, and S3/S4 combo that Peter Orr tossed together in 3 days,DDP comp 200s.

So now the comp is being lowered and turbos are growing. I predict 1070 on #2 only. And will continue to drive it every day.

Thanks Southbend Clutch for holding the good times together.

You are saying you made 930 on just the TST on level 3 and no other programming ??

DMS1707 said:
I was on a dyno jet but it didn't have a load unit... I've made all my dicisions on my truck but I've had some help with some tuning and barry was the man that helped me..I have a 4 door long bed on 37'' that runs low 11.s on 1 stage of nos should be in 10.90 with new set up..Whats
your 1093hp truck run?????

I dont know yet to be honest,, our race season is rediculously short here. My last race, I tore the output shaft out of my tranny. The last full pass I made was a high 11, but that was at around the 600 hp mark. I have done a bit of work since then, we will see this year. But I dont have a roll cage yet, and might not be able to afford it this year either. So I am hoping to keep it around the 11.5 mark on #2 this year (so I can keep racing the whole weekend) Im also a little scared to break things this year because money is tight

Kevin:tree:

oh and its only 1013 not 1093. (I wish, lol)

TopFueler,

Is it true you get your injector work done by JL Machining? I've heard this from several people but I've also thought I've read where you did it "in house." Just curious... :)

RideIcon said:
that mega cab with the phat bastard was at over 1000hp on fuel only

does water injection count? to me personally, I think of it as an additive

MCNDiesel said:
You are saying you made 930 on just the TST on level 3 and no other programming ??

I think he is running the TST only, but not 100% sure, the truck is STOUT

I think he is running the TST only, but not 100% sure, the truck is STOUT[/QUOTE]

No questions the truck is stout, but with the TST on 3 and just injectors,be it honed or others , 900+ seems a little bit high no matter how much pressure and air is available.

MCNDiesel said:
No questions the truck is stout, but with the TST on 3 and just injectors,be it honed or others , 900+ seems a little bit high no matter how much pressure and air is available.

2 or 3 is where I made my biggest power when I used to run just the TST. With big injectors it just does not pay to hang the injector open any longer.

lmills said:
2 or 3 is where I made my biggest power when I used to run just the TST. With big injectors it just does not pay to hang the injector open any longer.

Understand that,but did it make 900+ ,from your dyno results you have not even got there on fuel.If the tuning and injectors are right
it does pay to hold it open longer more fuel = more HP,now a big honed out 5 hole nozzle you can see down the street with ,and tons of pulse width does not.

If the 1008 was made with water, I wouldn't call it diesel only horsepower since it's not.. It's diesel and water.. Who's at the top with just diesel?

MCNDiesel said:
Understand that,but did it make 900+ ,from your dyno results you have not even got there on fuel

Oh I see, since I have not made 900, I do not know what I am talking about. My fault, I will let the big boys like you figure this out.

MCNDiesel said:
now a big honed out 5 hole nozzle you can see down the street with ,and tons of pulse width does not.

Now, think about what you just said.

Last edited:
lmills said:
Oh I see, since I have not made 900, I do not know what I am talking about. My fault, I will let the big boys like you figure this out.

After you figure out how to get power out of a common rail you will be able to join this conversation!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

lmills said:

:doh:

FWIW Lloyd I have learned alot from you over the past year with your posts on dtr etc. I have taken information from all of you (what i call the guys in the know) and turned out a decent product. I cant wait for the day that I get to meet you, Tim Barber etc in person, it will be a highlight for me!

Kevin

Back