hit 1707 degrees in eg today...

50stangpower

70 to 100 mph and some thing.. .probally 120. this is on a dj wild tune... how bad is the temps?

I wouldn't do it regularly...but I've seen close to 2000 with really big injectors....Well I say don't do it regularly...but I hit 1600+ every day.
Recorded 1676 the other day.
Just treat it with respect.

but im thinking thats to much... its only a tune exhaust and intake truck... just doesnt seem right

It's a race tune...and DJ doesn't screw around. You want power...heat comes with it. LOL

My race tune from elite never gets above 1600, my tunes from john wood even less. I have yet to hit over 1650 w/ 225's in my truck. i have a banks intercooler in my truck still. changing back to spearco when i get the new turbos. lets hope it holds up better than the first one.
$.02

Hi Brandon,

We haven't forgotten you. We are backed up and need to give your file our undivided attention. Sometimes, not the easiest thing to do and especially together.

Right now, you are the only person with that tune seeing high egt's so we don't really understand why. You are not the only person running that specific tune and I did ask you to hold off on it until we looked at it. Also, the race tunes are set for the 1/4 mile. You are running over 100 mph. It is not abnormal to see such high temps on the 1/4 mile, yet, we don't suggest it for prolonged use.

Sinner, you have an intercooler that will lower your egt's by about 200 degrees.

We'll work on it Brandon. Hold off on using it until we sort it out, please.

Thanks,
Vivian
Thanks,
Vivian

MOMBENZ said:
Sinner, you have an intercooler that will lower your egt's by about 200 degrees.

Thanks,
Vivian
Yeah that was my point of the post that pretty much missed, how an intercooler would help it out although I really didn't see close to 200 degrees reduction with the banks or spearco. the ported and polished heads helped a bit too. I met Brandon a few weeks ago at "HOT ROD WEEKEND" in OC md. mechanically his truck seemed perfect. we ran auto enginuity on it and it was perfect. first 6.0 ive ran it on with 0 stored codes, contribution and buzz tests all dead on. I do have a file still with all parameters data logged but only at idle.
Thanks
Don

THANKS again for that don!... and yes vivian im patiatly waiting and im sure from a standign 1/4 temps would be that high as well. i havent been running it ... but some ricer was talking smack so i kinda didnt have a choice!

Hi Don,

That's great. Can you send us the datalog? vivian@dj-performance.com. We would very much like to see what the truck is doing and can definitely work with it.

Hi Brandon,

Like I said, we haven't forgotten you. It's just that we can't find anything wrong from here but it is our pleasure to work with you.

Thank you for your patience,
Vivian