Holley black pump

I had my fass pump at 24 psi at idle and would go down to 9 to 10 psi under wot. That seems like a lot of drop in pressure. Hopefully this will maintain a more stable pressure.

that's kind of scary for the minimal mods you have. no reason for a huge drop like that. hopefully the new pump works out better.

So I got the new pump on and it has 15psi out of the box and drops to 11 at wot. Is this enough pressure or should I stretch the spring a little? The drop in pressure is a lot less then the old setup. If I could make it 20 psi at idle and 16 at wot that would probly be better.

I personally would like to see it higher but some do not have a problem running that at wot.

that's pleanty but I run the same pump and get 20 idling//15 wide open. stk filter but I do have 3/8 pushlock. but I have a hrvp and 7x12's

I have the stocker filter but the rest of the system comes out of a fuel cell with 8 an fittings to 1/2" aluminum all the way to the filter housing and no banjo fitting they were replaced with an high flow fittings and from the filter to the vp it is 3/8 with an fittings. I think I need to scrap the stock filter next. This pump definately seems to work better. The fuel psi drop is not as bad as with the fass drp2.Im sure a little stretch on the spring would get the pressure up a little.

Back