holley blue help

stevenl

i have installed a holley blue in my truck recently and i have heard that there is a screen inside that i need to take out< .... true? ??? if so how do i do it?

dont know of a screen i just put one on mine holds 15 psi start up and all day long just below 12 pdi on the floor why would you wont to take the srceen out

yea there is a little screen on the inlet side of the pump. some say to take it out so it doesnt clog and starve for fuel, or get it gelled up in winter. i took mine out but not sure if it is necessary. its been a while but i think u take the 4 or 5 bolts off the bottom of the pump. be careful and dont mess up the gasket on it. you will see a gold color screen sitting in there.

I didn't take mine out till I started losing pressure on the highway grades. Took the screen out and it made a world of difference. Of course, my screen was full of black sand sized junk though.

so just take those four bolts on the bottom off and ill see the screen right???

im pretty sure. do a search on here about it. might find some answers. i took mine out b/c of what BB24 experienced. some people had told me bout that so i went ahead and took it out. if i remember correctly its jst those 4 bolts on the bottom of the pump, like a plate on the bottom. take that off and u will see it sitting there, gold in color, bout 1/2" by 1" i think. but do a search and lil get some more insight on the question. thats what i did.

yep...thats where! if you take it out you might want to consider running a pre-filter (in-line) into that Holley! I got tired of messin with those things and bout the AirDog.....Way much better!

Back