homemade intake plenum

I think I saw the pictures.....maybe..I don't know any more...sorry ..leaving now.

I like polishing my plenum with BOTH hands when cold out, allows me to delete grid heater....

Honestly if the OP fabs as well as he writes I bet I can lay a turd in water that looks better than his redneck intake.

I know my sig is a 6.7 but I need to ask some 5.9er's about an afermarket plenum. I noticed that I gained 4psi of boost and my idle egt's are about 50° lower than stock. Also at 100mph with the edge turned up my temp was 1050°, so im happy there. But I noticed that the egt's fluctuate really fast and it climbed up to 1500° and just as soon as it does it drops once the truck catches up with the throttle. I will post some pics of it later but I know the truck pulls better especially on take off. My whole theory is that more air means more fuel has to be added so there will be a temporary gain until she levels out. Btw the intake is super smooth, i've just never experienced a new plenum, and advice will help and what alhave y'all heard or experienced

Thanks
Dayton

I just built an intake plenum and have some questions. I noticed that I gained 4psi of boost and my idle egt's are about 50° lower than stock. Also at 100mph with the edge turned up my temp was 1050°, so im happy there. But I noticed that the egt's fluctuate really fast and it climbed up to 1500° and just as soon as it does it drops once the truck catches up with the throttle. I will post some pics of it later but I know the truck pulls better especially on take off. My whole theory is that more air means more fuel has to be added so there will be a temporary gain until she levels out. Btw the intake is super smooth, i've just never experienced a new plenum, and advice will help and what alhave y'all heard or experienced

Thanks
Dayton

I know my sig is a 6.7 but I need to ask some 5.9er's about an afermarket plenum. I noticed that I gained 4psi of boost and my idle egt's are about 50° lower than stock. Also at 100mph with the edge turned up my temp was 1050°, so im happy there. But I noticed that the egt's fluctuate really fast and it climbed up to 1500° and just as soon as it does it drops once the truck catches up with the throttle. I will post some pics of it later but I know the truck pulls better especially on take off. My whole theory is that more air means more fuel has to be added so there will be a temporary gain until she levels out. Btw the intake is super smooth, i've just never experienced a new plenum, and advice will help and what alhave y'all heard or experienced

Thanks
Dayton

Thanks
Dayton
TLDR.

I want to know how we are supposed to judge the effectiveness of a part we have no pics or specs of.

Didnt your gaydar go off and tell you how amazingly effective and cool looking his super intake is?

Tell me. Is this an aftermarket or custom plenum? Does this plenum have intake stacks and if so how many? I love polishing stacks. Do they come out of the hood? Cool! Do you have an exhaust stack to match?