Hook Point ?

Grainfarmer

P-Pumper
When rules say " Hitch must be no less than 46" from center line of rear axle to the back of the inside of hook point " Just to clarify this, its the inside of the hook hole on the end closest to the sled right? Not the inside of hook hole closest to the truck? Just need to make sure before I mount this thing in place.

Thats what I thought but i just wanted to get some input to make sure. Once its put in place it`s gonna be in place ! Thanks Man

I would have to agree. run your drive lines straight tie down you suspention. now get a cap and build a super extended draw bar teter toder up in the bed bolt it down to the top of the frame rails make it as tall as possible and the cap still fits on the bed poke it down thru the bed put some adjustable braces on the draw bar down to the axle. paint the windows black so no one can see what you did. and if the rules in your area say rease hitch make it look like its bolted up leagle beagle. they might not let you pull but if you do you will kick a$$ when you get it set up.

I think most rules read that the hook point is the center of the clevis.

You might take that into consideration when you are making your hitch also.

I would have to agree. run your drive lines straight tie down you suspention. now get a cap and build a super extended draw bar teter toder up in the bed bolt it down to the top of the frame rails make it as tall as possible and the cap still fits on the bed poke it down thru the bed put some adjustable braces on the draw bar down to the axle. paint the windows black so no one can see what you did. and if the rules in your area say rease hitch make it look like its bolted up leagle beagle. they might not let you pull but if you do you will kick a$$ when you get it set up.
Man you almost said that all in one breath. I`d like to hook sometime in 2009. This will take me most of the summer just to figure out. Whew!!!!!!!!

most pulls called that cheating were we used to pull so be carefull i dont want to see you do all that work and only pull expo. good luck!

Explain this a little more or show some pictures. A little confused here.:bang

I don't know bout all that!!! Im thinkn:badidea:

I am curious if he is moving the hook point to the front of the bed basically.

I seen it one it was the sneakist thing I ever saw it worked really good but its basicly out lawed every ware he pulls now. no one liked to loose. I guess. and yes its in the front of the bed.

By looking at it I don't think you have to have the topper. I think if you put a different angle on it and got it under the bed I think it would be just as functional, possibly even more. The teeter totter on the rear axle is actually creating a force to lift the front of the truck. The whole point is your moving your hitch point in front of the axle. Think it would be more beneficial to have it under the bed, with no pivot point. Just pulling down on a point right about the center of the truck.