Hot Piping?

JOHNBOY

ZF6 Sled Puller
Ok so I am working on the up-pipes to my charger. My turbo is not mounted where it used to be. So I have to make new hot pipes. My question is what do I do about expansion joints? The stock up-pipes have accordion style expansion joint. I need either bigger ones like 2" or some other form of flex joint. Would some thing like this hold up to around 100psi of back pressure?:ft:

Any other ideas? I know that just solid SS tubing will crack. I need some sort of flex , expansion joint.

Thanks guys!

Sweet! There is the 2" I am looking for!

Thanks Jerrod:thankyou2:

Are you speaking of the tube that goes to the intercooler, or the actual hot pipe between the upper and lower charger? The hot pipe between the 2 chargers is normally schedule 40 pipe, with no expansion joint. The tube to the intercooler is basically exhaust pipe, and the expansion joints can be had from PDR (I have those, they're tough) or a number of other vendors. The bottom one is a 45* boot, and the top is straight. Just work the 'exhaust pipe' to make it all line up.

PRattenbury said:
Are you speaking of the tube that goes to the intercooler, or the actual hot pipe between the upper and lower charger? The hot pipe between the 2 chargers is normally schedule 40 pipe, with no expansion joint. The tube to the intercooler is basically exhaust pipe, and the expansion joints can be had from PDR (I have those, they're tough) or a number of other vendors. The bottom one is a 45* boot, and the top is straight. Just work the 'exhaust pipe' to make it all line up.

First of this is for a Dmax. I want to move the turbo out of the valley and mount it on the the passenger side. I need to route the hot exhaust from the manifolds to the turbo. The manifold to turbo hot pipes are what I need to fab.

No problem.
I should have stated this was for a Dmax in my first post. All you Dodge guys are thinking what the heck. Just buy an adapter and bolt it up.

Some knew where you were going right off the bat.....good luck and love to see em when your done.