Hotels for Baytown

Called holiday inn. I am going to look at a map. We are leaving Joplin MO between 4-5 pm central time. Dragging a trailer. I need to figure out if we can make it to baytown that night, or just stop a few hours away, and drive the rest of the way.

I just called Super 8, and they're like, oh, uh sorry... We will still be booked, so I don't know why travelocity took your reservation. Fantastico. So now we're looking for another place too.

Holiday Inn channelview. They have rooms. I called everywhere and none. I mean everywhere. 10 different places. and the only ones with rooms were holiday inn and the comfort suite at garth road. I was thinking i would call around next week also and see if we might be able to get a little closer to the action. But then again holiday inn was $50 cheaper per night so i might just stay there both nights.

Comfort suites had 8 rooms all smoking and some were king with roll out couch and some were king with jacuzie that were $160

Mine was a non smoking. I really don't care if it is smoking or not. Not like I am gonna be spending a week in the place.

yeah but a $130 there verses $85 at holiday inn and 15miles away. i think ill save the money.

We are sharing the room, the pull out couch could work out well.

split the room, there ya go! I'm looking at comfort suites. with the AAA discount it's 116. not bad if split. And yea, there's a king, and the sofa bed. So it should be good.

Ok, just booked Comfort suites for Sat night.... then called and confirmed it. $116 with AAA discount.

That is funny I asked about a discount and they said they didn't have one. Time for another phone call.

That is funny I asked about a discount and they said they didn't have one. Time for another phone call.

Yeah, when I called, they didn't have a AAA discount on their in house system, so I told them there were some online, so I hung up, booked online, called back, gave my confirmation number, and they confirmed it lol. Stupid! But cheaper. So yeah. technicalities. argh.

Back