HotRodDiesels Track Update

HotRodGal

The Wife
Hi,
Wanted to give an update...we took the truck to Houston Raceway Park today. First pass - Michael had the truck on fuel only and ran 10.89 @ 126. Second Pass - turned on the on and went 10.34 at 135.:rockwoot::woohoo:

I did get both passes on video but need some help getting it from the video camera to the computer but as soon as it's available I'll post it.

Great job and can't wait to see the vids.......Hi Pam, thanks for the stay again, owe you guys one!

Jim

That's great PAM, I told Michael he should set the goal a little lower.. err faster:clap:. Must be getting the launch issues worked out, at least most of them. I hope to see him in the 9s before he is done, just needs a little more fuel.:bang

I was really disappointed I could not make it out yesterday. But the daughter comes first (JUST BARELY THOUGH LOL). PAM call me and see if I can help get the videos to the computer. Maybe transfer them to me and I can edit. I think you have a couple of my runs I would like to get also.

Once again congratulations Michael, its gettin better most every time out.:woohoo:

Excellent times. Congrats to the HRD gang! :woohoo:

Oops...I'm sure you all knew that I meant to say "turned on the NOS and ran 10.34".

The truck is a 94 Dodge Cummins, there are a couple other posts about the truck with info, pictures and videos. One is under Drag Racing and I believe the other is under General Pit Chat if you want to know more about the truck. I'm not the Guru so it's best to point you to those posts for info on the race truck.

Jim, you are very welcome! Glad to have been able to help and you are welcome any time you're in the Houston area.

Here's a picture taken from the Track Photographer a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 77
Oops...I'm sure you all knew that I meant to say "turned on the NOS and ran 10.34".

[\QUOTE]

Uh Oh! Now you let the cat out of the bag, the dogs loose, horses out of the barn, etc.:hehe:.

Pretty sure everyone understood. I thought it was an intended play on words myself:nos:.

Keep it going Micheal and company, that is one sweet looking truck :rockwoot:

Not many post on Mikes truck, people must be still scratching there heads on how he does it with so little.

Jim

I watched him put it together and I know he will get a lot more out of it before he is done. He is just getting into the tuning phase. On fuel only it cleans up the smoke quickly. Just adding more fuel should easily lower the ETs with doing nothing else.

Here are a few pics Scott (HRPs great mc/photograher) took Sunday evening. The truck looks sooo goood on the track, and even better on the street.

424233107_ZdCgq-S.jpg

424232903_EyxS9-S.jpg

424233535_feiih-S.jpg

424233835_tkbRX-S.jpg

424233843_yCPKT-S.jpg

Awesome! I didnt know yall were on here. Im actually just right down the road in Santa Fe! Great Times

Mike tried to get me to drive the hot rod from the back of the shop out around to the front earlier today! LOL

I felt honored, but I told him I don't ride other peoples bikes, hot rods, girlfriends, or wives!!!

I waited almost an hour for him to move that thing out of my way! LOL

the truck is absolutely amazing when you consider that Mike built everything on it... he ported the head, built the intake plenum, built the intake tubing, cut the frame, built the back-half/4 link, built the tranny (2yrs ago! LOL), built the short block, etc... He built everything!!!!

no high dollar magazine parts, no sponsors, etc. just threw together the culmination of what he's been doing for years and years...

the Houston area, and particularly the folks south of Houston are VERY lucky that Michael is such a huge Cummins fan... The shop may be called "Hot Rod Diesels", and he's had an unusual amount of Powerstrokes in there lately, but it SHOULD be called "Hot Rod B-Cummins"

I have always done all the work on ALL of my vehicles, but as I get older, fatter, and richer, it's much easier (and cheaper in the grand scheme of things) to just have him do the work on my junk! I know it's going to be done with the same attention to detail that I would give (or more!) and I know it'll be done right...

I know I said I wasn't going to touch the tranny in the Mega Cab, but I don't know if I'll survive untill '09 with the stock tranny!!!!!!

I have zero interest in getting into the tranny myself, and I know Mike will build a killer slushbox... it just might happen before the new year! :D

WOW What a ride!!!

The truck has already exceeded my expectations so anything from here is a bonus. It's hard to imagine a streetable 9 second truck but it may be possible soon. By streetable I mean no smoke with good driving manners but LOUD..LOL
I don't post much anymore but I do watch the threads concerning us and appreciate all the encouragement. Keep it coming :clap:

There are several people I would like to thank:
Peter @ Southbend Clutch for supporting us for years.
Bob Wagner for all he does for us.
Don @ F1 for making very clean injectors and April for putting up with me :)
Curtis Harris AKA Gitchesum for assembling the motor and drinking lots of my beer :) Just kidding Curtis.
Jim Heath for all the shiny stuff.
Clayton for driving me nuts.
Joe Hoffman for your encouragement.
John Volpe for your support.
Special Mentions need to go out to a few:
Robert Preble for all you do for the shop.
Piers Harry, what to say about him and Louise....Great people...Could not have done any of this without Piers. Thanks Buddy.
Now for the most important person, myself...Just kidding. My Wife, Pam. How this woman puts up with me is beyond my comprehension. BTW: I need new slicks..LOL

Thanks to all who support us, have a Safe & Happy Holidays.
Michael Watkins
HotRodDiesels

Seen the truck in Houston, liked it, clean well put together project. I liked your intake system, if i remember right it was sim. to a merge collector... cool. I seen bits and pieces of a few diff. launches.. id say go back and rethink your rear spring rate, have no idea what they are except too stinking stiff. With more transfer youll find even better times with your same tune up. I can give you a number for a hook up on new slicks, its a Hossier dist. though, are those also 33/16.5/15's they look good under the truck.
Ryan