Houston DHRA **Call and CONFIRM YOUR HOTEL**!!!!

Pangela

Not here.
Myself and a few people have either been called, or phoned to confirm our reservation and have found out that the online reservations should not have been booked, and they do not have available rooms. There are FEMA workers staying there for a few weeks, or the power company or people who lost their homes due to the hurricane, so please PLEASE save yourself a mess, and call to confirm and make sure you have a room available.

One hotel even told me, they had a room, and would try their best not to have someone in it when my dates came up, but they couldn't promise.

Ugh! Stupid natural disasters, how awful.

Good luck!

Dan said he lost his so I called last night.......straight to the hotel and mine is still good. I hope it doesn't get ugly, if so I'll cancel the trip.

Jim

I didn't even make my reservations online. I called the hotel to make the reservations.

Dan said he lost his so I called last night.......straight to the hotel and mine is still good. I hope it doesn't get ugly, if so I'll cancel the trip.

Jim

Jim, weren't you at the Super 8 also? That's odd... maybe not. Glad your reservation's still ok!

Jim, weren't you at the Super 8 also? That's odd... maybe not. Glad your reservation's still ok!

Yep, I called the hotel directly and you can bet I'm going to call again but they did say there were no more rooms.

Jim

Isn't this what a reservation is for? I mean I know the natural disaster thing and all but I thought it was something they had to stand by...

Read the fine print. I would imagine FEMA could boot you out and throw your stuff out in the street.

Its the Feds.

yup, so um we all may be sleeping in trucks at the track, or uh, with little cardboard boxes as cushioning on Bear's floor lol. Ugh

Yep, I called the hotel directly and you can bet I'm going to call again but they did say there were no more rooms.

Jim

That's odd, they bumped mine and Anna's reservation, as well as another friend. So hopefully yours is one that got to stay!!

They tried to kick me out and I told them no.

lmao.... shoot, why didn't I think of that... I just hope it really works for you, otherwise, I think there's a sofa bed in our expensive Comfort Suites room lol

We are at the comfort inn and suites. Thinking about staying toward dallas though as we will be late friday

Is anyone staying there now, I'm thinking about dumping it and staying with a friend that called today.

Jim

I don't know that anyone is... but this was the one we WERE at:

Super 8 Baytown/Mont Belvieu
9032 Highway 146 North
Baytown, TX 77520 US
Phone: 281-576-6521

and there's also this one, so maybe this one kept some reservations or something? I'm not sure.

Super 8 Baytown
1931 East Freeway
I-10 and East Freeway
Baytown, TX 77521 US
Phone: 281-843-6200

I don't have to worry anymore! I delegated my sleeping arrangements for Saturday night to Angela. She's better at this planning in advance crap than I am. :D