How cold is too Cold

Ok the local ford dealer looked at my truck all day and never called as they said they were. After speaking with my father because I was in class the price came to $800 and thats without labor!!! My dad said he told him it had something to do with the fuel pump. Does anyone know what the hell might cost $800 that has to do with the fuel pump? I about crapped my pants when I heard the price. I have a funny feeling im gettin :kick: in the nuts!

:bang:bang:bang

That sounds like maybe a couple of bad injectors. I can't imagine the HFCM being $800 in parts alone. If it's an 05 why isn't it covered under warranty?

If its the fuel pump might as well go with a FASS or something alike it for a price like that.. What dealer did you go to?

Sorry about your luck there. I would definitely look around for a cheaper price on the parts through another dealer or even online.

I had injector issues on my 03 6.0 within the first month of owning (50k miles). Fortunately I had warranty on it still and also have the Ford extended. They replaced 5 injectors and it was about 900.00 in parts alone.

where about is Kennedale? i live in spring branch, tx. always lookin for some fellow diesels to roll around with. i havnt been to anything since the dyno day in buda

Sorry about your luck there. I would definitely look around for a cheaper price on the parts through another dealer or even online.

I had injector issues on my 03 6.0 within the first month of owning (50k miles). Fortunately I had warranty on it still and also have the Ford extended. They replaced 5 injectors and it was about 900.00 in parts alone.

How many times did you change the fuel filters in that truck in the first month driving 50k miles?

I hope you went to bluebonnet in new Braunsfels. They are fantastic! And on oil, oil is oil, 15w40 rotella is all you need. Look on the back of any oil bottle and you'll see a starcircle symbol with sae in it. I believe the M is the newest fir diesel oil. Synthetic is ok if your rich but I'd never use it just cause in 5,000 miles I'll replace it. And that's once a month for me. 60$ vs. 125$ is worth it to me. That's my opinion and I'm just repeating what my instructor believes at UTI. Oh ya golden state is never to be used in engines because it doesn't meet the standards of sae

Oil is NOT oil. 6.0s love synthetics. I personally like Amsoil, but like Adam said, Valvoine is a good one too.

And to go with Santa Gertrudis, I have read it here, and been told it at the dealer that Rotella in the 6.0l is a No No..

EXACTLY! Too many injector problems from people running rotella. For any of you that dont know, 6.0 injectors are fired by OIL, so....

Are you using the 5W40 Rotella? I can't believe that you don't have cold start issues with 15w40 Rotella during the cold MN winters.

As far as the "oil is oil" comment goes, try telling Ford that if you don't use a diesel rated oil. CJ-4 is the latest and greatest spec on diesel oil. The 6.0s were designed on CI-4 and CI-4+. Oil is oil only applies to chain saw bar lube!

oil analysis oil analysis oil analysis...

the only way you're going to know how your oil is truly holding up is to take a sample and test it. And test it against the fresh oil.

I can tell you for a certainty that with mobil1 syn in my truck, the turbo coasts down much long than it ever did with roten-ella syn or the 15w40. by roughly 30 to 40 seconds worth. And ease of starting in the winter? No comparison. She sits out, and I've yet to plug in even below zero, fires off, no complaining, no romps.