How do you break a Billet Flex Plate on the Dyno?

I think I am going with a Suncoast Flexplate next. When I rebuilt the tranny last Summer after the DTT intermediate shaft broke I went with all Suncoast parts and this was one of the last DTT parts left. This tranny is snake bit it has had over $15,000 spent on it now and it is for a 600hp dd single turbo truck. I would have put a DTT flex plate back in if they would have warrentied it but since the builder said they wouldn't then I will just go all Suncoast and hope for the best. I haven't been too impressed with the DTT products, they may have been great before but they are'nt holding up to my expectations. No sled pulls and very limited racing and some dyno pulls. Like I said before I broke this on the dyno, who does this? Glad I wasn't pulling my 5th wheel with the family.

Jared

Who runs one of these, the price is right at $90...[/QUOTE
I'am runnin one. Go wit the Suncoast.

p/s That blue one is gonna look cool on the wall next to the rest of the parts that coulden't CUT IT.
TOMMY

I had the same flex plate in my 02. It broke just past the 1/8 mile. It was already locked up in OD. No warning. I guess there are only good for 1922 1/4 mile passes. This was the 1923rd one...:hehe: It doesn't owe me a thing!

Paul

FWIW, I ordered a BD flexplate from Garrett at Pure Diesel Power last week. It's here now and I'd recommend it over most others because it flexes some instead of being rigid. Much tighter tolerances than the Reactor I used to run.

Stephan Kondolay at DTT helped me out with a new Billet Steel flex plate, Thanks DTT

FWIW, I ordered a BD flexplate from Garrett at Pure Diesel Power last week. It's here now and I'd recommend it over most others because it flexes some instead of being rigid. Much tighter tolerances than the Reactor I used to run.

Wasn't there something about the old Reactor plates needed a thinner converter to work Brandon? I thought I remember something about that on yours...

My new style DTT billet was holding great, but I was barely abusing it...:D
Chris

only time i've heard of thickness issues was on the 1st gen auto's with the 518 trans....

Wasn't there something about the old Reactor plates needed a thinner converter to work Brandon? I thought I remember something about that on yours...

My new style DTT billet was holding great, but I was barely abusing it...:D
Chris
Yep. I needed a special thinner converter with mine because I didn't have the necessary clearance between the engine and my 47re.

Well add a twisted billet input shaft to the list......this is one expensive tranny.

I need to measure it but it looks like it has a lot of runout.
I really need to talk with someone who knows if the flexplate as its called should be rigid or flex and allow for some misalinement.
I have seen stock trucks distroy them and others never a issue.
Who knows?
TOMMY

Back