How hot do your stacks get?

Pitz

I still have Reverse
I'm looking at putting some stack on my truck- how hot are your stacks getting after a good 1/4 mile run/sled pull?

I dont have stacks, but those I no that do have no problems with paint/etc

They get about as hot as your tail pipe.

They'd probably get "Here's your sign" hot if you touch em lol

Pangela said:
They'd probably get "Here's your sign" hot if you touch em lol

Ya in my old Ford I had a single stack and I had the back window opened and this chick I picked up off State Street reached back there to touch it and it was aaaaaa hot and than she screamed, I have also melted about 5 cooler's luckily it never got to the beer

All depends on your truck, and the mods you run. I think a stock truck will run ya like 200-400*+ but cooler if you have a full system under the truck. What I mean by that is like a 4" turbo back to the stack set up.

The Y secton in the bed of my truck has gotten hot enough to catch a pile of leaves on fire and melt just about everything that touches it. The uprights get warm enough that you dont want to touch them but not hot enough to kill paint. Hope this helps

Just normal driving mine dont get real hot, but after i pull or drag race, or give it a good thrashin on the street, i get a wiff of some melted bedliner

They will melt plastic and stuff roling around the bed! No paint issues or anything though... Not that hot

My bedliner touches my stack just a little on one side of the hole and it hasn't melted it yet, even with a couple 1600 degree egt romps. Also pulled a 12-valve truck back from Detroit to Atlanta a couple weeks ago for my buddy grossing around 17000# and around 1000 degree egts most of the way and it had no effect on it either. But DON'T touch it with bare skin, ask my buddies leg about that!!

Hah, a lot of people seem to like to touch the stacks!