How is your Lockup Switches mounted?

amaupin04

roxanne04
Hey guys I've got my lock up switch just dangling at the moment and i dont really like using it like that going down the track and im trying NOT to use my dash i was given the idea to get an aftermarket cup holder that mounts to the center console and mounting it right there for easy access with the hand. Any of you guys mount it like that? I'm open to options just want to see some pictures to give me an idea on how to do it thanks!!

Put it in the steering wheel and pretend you are Paul Walker activating that naws.
*hits button*
*time and light altering speed*

Sweet PaPa! I use a NOS switch with the cover so nobody can accidentally hit it. It's also nice to slap the cover down when I forget to unlock it coming to a stop! made a plate over the slot under the radio!

okay, lol I think im going for the 14 stages of fast and furious NAWS.

but really, I'm really wanting it to be closer than under the dash ill keep looking around.

f68c92529bf1d499e81a142f636ef8e9.jpg

How I have mine mounted with custom decal to tell me when it's locked.

I used a bracket and bolted it right up under the seat towards the center. No drilling the dash or modifying the factory seat mounts. It basically sits right behind 4wd shifter

I made a L bracket that I hose clamped to 4x4 lever with hose clamp then drilled hole for switch on it. Wrapped up all nicely with electrical tape. In the perfect spot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a picture of it, but I mounted one on the backside of the steering wheel where the stereo volume would be on a laramie truck. It's a push on/push off switch. Hooked the wires up to the clockspring. Works awesome.

...then I have a single led that is wired into the lockup wire to the vb that illuminates when it is locked.

Can you describe how you have this done? I have tried everything I know of and can't get it to work.

Can you describe how you have this done? I have tried everything I know of and can't get it to work.
With the led it will only feed one direction so with knowing that the led always has power sent to it. Then I tapped the negative wire in line AFTER the switch. With it being like that, when you hit the switch it is going to complete the circuit just the same as it does with the lockup circuit. I hope I explained it well enough for you.

Thanks

With the led it will only feed one direction so with knowing that the led always has power sent to it. Then I tapped the negative wire in line AFTER the switch. With it being like that, when you hit the switch it is going to complete the circuit just the same as it does with the lockup circuit. I hope I explained it well enough for you.

Thanks

Rick, go over to my truck and take a picture of my lockup switch please.

The lockup switch I put in the steering column, I wired the switch to control a relay so the switch was a powered switch and the relay triggered a ground for the lockup. It was easy to put an LED on the output side of the switch so the relay would turn on and off whenever the switch went on and off. This kept the amp draw super low through the factory clockspring since the load on a relay control is substantially less then a solenoid.

Used an old latching computer power switch and cut the fog light knock-out plug on the dash for my 96. No indicator light.

I wanted mine to use a relay from the brake switch to interrupt the ground on the TCC so the truck couldn't lug. Don't need it now

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

I'll have to get a picture, but mine is the switch that was a dead switch right next to the OD button. I thought it might be a reach and easy to hit the wrong button, but my truck is no where near fast enough for that. It's not like I have a 5pt harness either. That keeps the dash looking pretty clean.

I'll have to get a picture, but mine is the switch that was a dead switch right next to the OD button. I thought it might be a reach and easy to hit the wrong button, but my truck is no where near fast enough for that. It's not like I have a 5pt harness either. That keeps the dash looking pretty clean.
Exactly where mine is.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Thanks

So, are you using a different wire than the Orange/Blk wire from the PCM to lock the torque converter? I am grounding that wire to lock my torque convertor and tried wiring an LED in the circuit but can't get it to illuminate. I've tried it before and after the switch and the LED still won't light.

I've been told to use a relay to ground the wire and put the LED in the power circuit of the relay. I'm sure that would work, just a bit more wiring than I was hoping to get away with.