How is your Lockup Switches mounted?

So, are you using a different wire than the Orange/Blk wire from the PCM to lock the torque converter? I am grounding that wire to lock my torque convertor and tried wiring an LED in the circuit but can't get it to illuminate. I've tried it before and after the switch and the LED still won't light.

I've been told to use a relay to ground the wire and put the LED in the power circuit of the relay. I'm sure that would work, just a bit more wiring than I was hoping to get away with.

This isn't that difficult.... Your led needs two things to function, +12v and ground. So run a 12v+ source to the hot side of the led, and run the ground side of the led to the wire being used to ground the pcm for lockup

Had mine as the old style highbeam switch on the floor. Pretty sure that's the "dimmer" switch that you guys are referring too. I just call it the old highbeam switch lol.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Switches2_zpskzpabsia.jpg

Switches1_zpsnhf3qzlh.jpg

Switches3_zpsbf1r6ceg.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys, I'm thinking the LED light switch like Fox said once I get it all together ill post up some pics!!

I had some led indicators that would only work with 12v+. So if you are trying to get the light to work when installing it, you may need the engine running. My indicator only has 11.5v with the engine off.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

had an opportunity to bring the truck to work because we were slow and just ending up doing it up high on the dash. I've tried it out after the new twin install and it works awesome its not as bad as I thought. Thank you for all the input and ideas guys!!

Mine are on the dash right above the steering wheel. Easy to reach with my left hand while grasping the top of the wheel. Right hand on the shifter.

I'm looking for input on an early 04 I have my light bar switch by the pedal adjuster and was thinking somewhere on the right of the steering wheel but not sure where any help is greatly appreciated

This is how mine is mounted under the steering wheel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah I been needing to put one in my 99 , look's like I am going with the dimmer switch too.