how many have built a Ford F-350 for pulling?

machz1

just bought a 2000 f 350 dually crew cab with 8 ft bed(no short bus jokes!) and going to build it to pull. i realize the first things will be a motor rebuild and tranny rebuild. my thoughts were to port the head and put in a cam while its apart? also go with a suncoast tranny kit?? what else should be done? what kind of tuner or programing would work best. ultimately i want to make 1000-1500hp for our prostock class. looking for the best bang for the buck and something i can build in stages.

If you want that kind of hp for a 7.3 on fuel only you're gonna need to swap it over to a common rail or mechanical injection system. I'd contact Empire Diesel Performance about their common rail system for the 7.3. Hypermax would be a good call for a mechanical system.

If you want that kind of hp for a 7.3 on fuel only you're gonna need to swap it over to a common rail or mechanical injection system. I'd contact Empire Diesel Performance about their common rail system for the 7.3. Hypermax would be a good call for a mechanical system.

Empire has common rail or did you mean swamps?