How many Headgaskets have you destroyed?

im on my stock head gasket, with only 125k, my dad is on his stock head gasket still and he's at 220k and my brother is on his stock head gasket and he's at 202k. but if i keeping pushing my stock hx35 to 60psi it may blow, but my truck has had arp 12mm head studs for almost 5 months now, so thats a little reinforcement, but 60psi is crazy cylinder pressure so i try to keep it near 45psi.

get o-rings and studs and check the head and block for flatness, you either need more clamping force or the surfaces are not flat.

I just fireringed and studded with 625's and a brand new head. Block is flat.
This thread is simply to see how many gaskets people have gone through. Seems like quite a few of them have been killed.

I just fireringed and studded with 625's and a brand new head. Block is flat.
This thread is simply to see how many gaskets people have gone through. Seems like quite a few of them have been killed.

oh ok gotcha, you should be good to go now!

i went through one on my 24v, went with o-rings and regular ARP studs and its had 60psi thrown at it for 2 years with no problems yet.

oh ok gotcha, you should be good to go now!

i went through one on my 24v, went with o-rings and regular ARP studs and its had 60psi thrown at it for 2 years with no problems yet.

I hope so, but I can say I can swap a hg pretty darn fast now.:bang

I know a guy that went through 10 HG, yes I said 10. He is now running a copper

None. Just knew my limits on what I was doing . And ofcourse had the right parts in place to prevent it.

But it will happen one day.

Busted 2 so far... Stock MLS, un-modified 24v with o-rings. I'm now using a modified 12v with o-rings, so far so good!

so far so good still on my stocker. hopfully it will hold this season, but we will see.

i went through one before it even went on the the truck. dropped the head on the box.:bang

back 7 years ago when we started hopping these up i went thru 9 or 10 hg that year and i was the first one mitchell cut grooves in the block for fire rings, best thing ever.

stillon stocker in my truck, been to 60 psi with stock turbo, 55psi with 62mm turbo, and now, a good ways past 60 with the twins and she's still together. Knocking on wood.

3 total, 1 cummins upgrade, one marine, one Cometic MLS

Attachments

• Cometic 1.jpg
    Cometic 1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Cometic 2.jpg
    Cometic 2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Haisley firering 4.550.jpg
    Haisley firering 4.550.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24