how much hp do you think im making?

The B keeper

you never know it all
ok here it is i posted one thing on here yesterday and didnt get many responses so i will put it a different way...

i have a 94 dodge its a five speed with a 3650 sb clutch
it has firerings and head studs
60lbs springs 4k gov springs
191 dv 90hp ddp injectors #4 fuel plate slid all the way forward afc spring kit
it is sitting at bout 19* timing
its running a sled puller 66mm turbo and a 150 air dog system 4in ex and upgraded cold air kit what kind of hp does everyone think im making i want more power but dont want twins just looking to get it bumped up some more looking for ideas any thoughts>? would like 650 or 700 out of it on that single charger thanks

I'm interested in knowing too, I've got a similar motor but think the stock 160hp pump isn't enough for the numbers your shooting for but heck I could be wrong. So lets find out....

well you could prob go bigger on the injectors even with the 66 i think you can get there

You can tune a 160 pump to 650-700 so dont give up on it.

your not going to get that much power out of that turbo, i had the old sled puller 66/65/14 on my truck and did not like it, with the compressor being larger than the turbine, it wanted to surge all the time, and i did not flow ont he top end. the most power i made with it was 471/1008. the problem with that charger is the turbine is too small to make power, it has the 65mm 11blade turbine, you would do alot better with either a 68, or 71mm 10 blade turbine, the won't spool as well, but the flow on the top end is alot better, and that is what you need to make HP.

Wes

thanks for all the help so maybe bigger injectors and turbo and i will be close?

so i have been reading more and some say my pump will make seven hundred others say it wont i have a lead on a 215 pump i would really like to just stick to my stock pump if i have to change out dv or injectors that would be ok i want to stay with a single charger i wonder if i could send it to chris at ed and have him install a bigger intake wheel to force more air and get me there what would you guys recomend?

i would dyno your truck how it sits, and see what kinda numbers you can put down, i would think your around 500-550 at least, only because of the small injectors, then maybe upgrade to some ddp4's a 140hp injector. but i deffinetly wouldn't buy another pump.
does your turbo clean up all the fuel at wot?

yea it will clear it up easy it never smokes until you really stand on it but it clears up real easy

Quick recipe: Custom plate profile, set gov arm to plate, mod the afc for more stroke, custom cut dv's, 5k gov springs with valve springs, 75 to 80 lpm injectors set to 300bar, timing set to 26 to 29 degrees, duel feed the pump would help some, rack cap 2095 and patience tuning it. Plus lots of BEER!!!
I did 634 with a single 64.71-.80 charger with less injector and timing set to 24.0 degrees. 260k on stock motor with only studs and valve springs installed.

Does the beer need to be "custom" also?

They do not drink beer on the Left Coast,it "wine" country.

I think its his really trick wheels that give him all his power.They have special air in them to keep the weight off the ground so his truck goes faster and looks cool.All them Cali racers think they are on the cutting edge of trick and fast,maybe it filtered over to the dieselheads too.

your not going to get that much power out of that turbo, i had the old sled puller 66/65/14 on my truck and did not like it,

I would imagine that this could have been the reason that you got spanked on the jet by a 4BT then?.

This is great. I am *****ed at for not giving info out and then i do and you guys give me a bunch of ****! I am trying to help others. If you dont like what you read then go away to some other site.

Another case of "left coast envy".LOL

Keep in mind that over here on the left coast we get nice clean air from right off the ocean. By the time you guys back east get the air it's been breathed in and farted out several times. Kind of like the water they get in L.A. I laugh every time I flush.

Last edited:
wow im so confused how did you make that power what was your set up exactly what injectors did you use wonder if i should change the fuel plate and injectors and check into getting a bigger charger? im new on here so im confused easy ha ha i am a diesel mechanic for a career but dont know all the high power recipes thats why im researching any help would be appriciated

bponci im not like totally retarded ha ha i just dont get the short hand terms like the injectors and all the terms so please explain thanks

Another case of "left coast envy".LOL

Keep in mind that over here on the left coast we get nice clean air from right off the ocean. By the time you guys back east get the air it's been breathed in and farted out several times. Kind of like the water they get in L.A. I laugh every time I flush.

That's some Funny S@#T! Thanks Ron, That made my day! LOL