How much nitrous is too much?

ya, its the area your looking at.
40 squared (40x40) + 45 squared (45x45) = 3625

Now find the square root of 3625 = 60.2 which is the equivalent jet size.

joefarmer said:
And that's exactly why my truck has ran 18 hours out of the last 9 weeks. Seriously, what are 'jets'? LOL

Jets are those things that never fit the jet holder you spent 4 hrs installing. When you switch jet holders, then the "right" kind of jet magically appears on your toolbox.

And it appears I hurt my new engine by spraying it.

It's one of those ToldUSo moments. I was a pioneer in #2 only Dmax HP and swore off the bottle. But it was so damn tempting... :(

McRat said:
Jets are those things that never fit the jet holder you spent 4 hrs installing. When you switch jet holders, then the "right" kind of jet magically appears on your toolbox.

And it appears I hurt my new engine by spraying it.

It's one of those ToldUSo moments. I was a pioneer in #2 only Dmax HP and swore off the bottle. But it was so damn tempting... :(
:doh: I'm about ready to give this nitrous system to my worst enemy. Or a ricer. :hehe:

First off where is the nozel and second you need to spread the stages out that is pretty close for them to come on that early I have learned it is alot better to have the second stage (bigger) come on at almost full boost. How much black smoke do you have at full boost?

I had enough to shut down a four laner on spool up and a thick haze at full boost. I havent run it yet with the twin set up.

I would just make your first stage come on around 20 and the second rite around full boost and that should help out

Forrest Nearing said:
drive pressure doesn't hurt head gaskets... heat and cylinder pressure does

Where does cylinder pressure come from? Timing, boost, nitrous or all the above?

too much nitrous will literally 'put out the fire' and shut the engine down... no harm, no foul really

the added cylinder pressure is another issue, but if you've got good head gasket retention, it makes awesome power!

Forrest Nearing said:
too much nitrous will literally 'put out the fire' and shut the engine down... no harm, no foul really

Yup, he started it up and rehooked. ran better as I think he didn't hit the second selinoid.

BBD

Forrest Nearing said:

Well this really isn't an accurate statement..... Too much nitrous can and is detrimental to an engine. I have seen the effects firsthand of what too much nitrous will do, especially too much too early. Nitrous is awesome if done and tuned correct, if not failure can and does occur.

Doug

Funny you mention that Doug, that truck only made two more runs before it blew. I have seen three or four nitrous injected motors go in that truck.

BBD