HOW MUCH POWER/TORQUE? Feels good!

I thought my truck felt pretty strong at 450-500... can't wait to see what it feels like after the p-pump swap :D

Yea but you can go to rehab for drugs, there is no rehab for this ADDICTION except being flat broke and then that wont stop you either. Such a vicious ADDICTION!:hehe:

That is the truth.:hehe: I tried to keep telling myself that 500hp is as far as I can go & still be able to tow my equipment. I thought I was done when I hit 534hp & almost called it quits. Now that this Special is on, I'm thinking 600-650 is ideal.:rockwoot:

I think on a non-CR the Daily Driver reliability limit is 500 or so. It's no fun when you are afraid to nail it.

I've been at 500HP on my flatbed for a long time. it still feels good...

At 450 it was okay, but a touch over 500 made a big difference.

Also it depends where your powerband is. I'm making over 700Ft Lbs from 1,500 RPM to nearly 3K...

A 700HP truck that only has 300RPM of power isn't as fun as a fat powerbanded 500HP truck...

Merrick

I still have fun driving my truck. Its probably only making 360hp or so, but its also one of the lightest trucks there is(besides a 2wd). I dont think the guy in the Mustang GT i raced the other night was having as much fun as i was since he was looking at my tailgate:hehe:

Honestly, I think I would be very happy around 450hp. Of course we always want more, but 450hp will make a truck scoot on the street, especially a regular cab, automatic truck that spools decent.

I agree a wide powerband is what you want on the street. Lots of fun to pull from 1800rpm to 3200rpm before letting it shift:rockwoot:

Eric

I think on a non-CR the Daily Driver reliability limit is 500 or so. It's no fun when you are afraid to nail it.

Merrick

This was a rumor started by Chrysler to sell more new trucks.

My truck was the funnest to drive at the 450-500 hp range. Its very controllable and the road doesn't consume you so you can pay attention to your gauges and so forth. Also at 450 you can get on it about anywhere, where as in the 600+ range you need some leg room. Lastly 450-500 is easily acheived and relatively in expensive.

I am shooting for a good de-tuned 550-600 for cruzing around. I have been around 500 with it turned up for too long now, it is a very fun truck to drive but I am really curious what 750-800 will fell like. I should know next month. :cheer:

This was a rumor started by Chrysler to sell more new trucks.

This is my experiance in "real life" and on the forums.

Just seems like trucks that were worked real hard over 500HP saw alot of time in the shop. For u-joints, tranny's, and clutchs. Just seems like the Dodge Drivetrain can't handle a constant 1,000Lbs of torque. I'm not talking about soccer dad trucks, or man vans. I'm talking 500HP, towing 15,000+Lbs everyday and using every last ounce of HP...

I didn't know a rumour was started on my own opinion.

Merrick

This post is correct. No light duty truck(common rail or otherwise) can handle a constant diet of 500hp. There is a difference between daily driver and full time heavy hauler. I would say full time heavy hauler shold leave power at stock level(250 or so).

On my 02 I daily drive it at about 500hp. It has 192,000 miles on it, and holds up beyond my expectations. The nice thing about it is, that with a push of a button, I'm at 640hp, and get that extra rush of power, that keeps me happy. Though anymore I hardly every push the "button" unless at the track. Towing heavy I can't use all the 500hp without water temps climbing, and other signs that I'm over stress it. Anyone ever check oil temps when towing heavy? EGT's aren't a problem, just everything else. :)

My 05 is another story. It's just plan nuts! However at 700hp it's easier to drive on the street then the 02 at 640hp. With it turned all the way up, traction even in 4x4 is always a problem, even at the drag strip. The track photographer took a picture of me in my 05 at about the 330' mark with white tire smoke coming off of three of the four tires (all you could see from his angle).

On long trips though I actually prefer the 05, because the cruise control works better, and I like the six way adjustable seats.

Paul

i think my truck feels pretty good at 458/1075 but it has so much fuel down low, i don't have to worry about the tires spinning. but i can't wait to hit my new goal of 600-650whp. because 1000lb ft, was just too easy. also i have a reg cab long bed, so its pretty light. but i would to have the torque to break the tires loose at 50-60mph on the highway dry pavement. and beat up on corvettes so i may need some spray to help with that.