How much power?

DAT DOOD

What's the fastest 1/4 mi/most hp you've seen or heard of with an 03 Cummins w/ stock internals, CP3 and turbo? Just curious how far I can go before I have to start digging into the other pocket, lol.

Stock turbo you should upgrade after 450HP, more can be made but you don't want cracked pistons. Ive heard of 525HP on stock turbo but it won't last long like that. Heat makes power but also destroys your head. Keep your egt's in check on that thing or you could drop a valve seat and take out a cylinder. My brothers 03 dropped a vavle seat at 190K. and Hes at 468HP with stock turbo.
His tst box has a digital egt and boost gauge and it is off by 200-300* and he cracked pistons. Not fun

Lavon

I dont think the stock charger will make it that long, once you start building power up in the 450 to 500 range. Atleast thats what i did, it lasted on good pull and it was done, egts are killer on stock parts, like said adove if your turbo makes it threw those high egts other parts are in danger.

How high can the EGT's be on one of these before I should start to worry?

1250* continuous. short bursts above that won't hurt,but start holding 1400* + for more than 3,4 seconds then you'll start hurting parts.

Man, I expected alot more people to jump on this thread. seeing how most people love to bench race. Oh well.

Bench drag racing on stock parts sounds kinda like we all should go to church and believe what we here, its all bs.

yea pushing the stock turbo on the 03 is kinda pointless. its not a very strong platform for building power. found out first hand heat kills them. It doesn't take much. i put injectors and the edge on mine and it was dine in about 4 months. the stock turbo went form keeping the egts to about 1,600 full throttle to about over 2,000 in less than 2 months.

well i dont know what hp i am at but i ran a 14.3 at 95 with stock everything exept the clutch and it was slipping (valair) now i have a sbc 3600 dd with a new lift pump but i am at of above the limit on the stock charger i have turned everything down untill i get my tax return then i will get a bigger one either a silverbullet or a a5k

well i dont know what hp i am at but i ran a 14.3 at 95 with stock everything exept the clutch and it was slipping (valair) now i have a sbc 3600 dd with a new lift pump but i am at of above the limit on the stock charger i have turned everything down untill i get my tax return then i will get a bigger one either a silverbullet or a a5k

Wow! When I had just the stack, intake and exhaust I laid down my best run to date, which was a 14.8 @ 93 at sea level. I've done more since, but the stock clutch and 22" wheels wouldn't let me break back into the 14's. I replaced the clutch about a week ago, so we'll see how well it does when the track opens back up.