How to get more out of a 5gsk

Well I went in and gave each side two more click's and it will hit around 4500 on the road so it definetly helped. As for the idle it jumped up around 100 rpm and it seems to drive about the same at low rpm's. All I can say is these would be a pain in the rear to drive on a street vehicle if anyone is thinking about putting them in one I would pass. I will find out how it changed the truck on the track tommorow.

Well unfortunetly I wasn't able to get above that 4100 mark but it did seem to run a little harder down the track in the light class. As for the heavy I never got to try it broke the output shaft on the transfer case. Smokem is it worth trying to give it a couple more clicks or do you think I've maxed may 175 out?

joefarmer said:
I thought 100psi was the limit where the cases cracked, but I can't find where I'd read that. Probably on the internet. :hehe:

In 2002 before I dropped the 12V stuff altogether we dyno tested fuel pressures on 13mm P7100 pumps. Anything over 72 PSI hurt power. I ended up at 42 PSI. Take it or leave it, it made the most power of any setting using an Aeromotive electric.

This was criticized by the pulling crowd who said I was nuts and 100 PSI was a good place to start. I felt like I was talking to a brick wall.

Various settings were within 5 HP of one another and at 600 plus HP, these differences were within the accuracy of the Dynojet.

I also ran the dual feed crap. Im back to a single feed for untold reasons.

With my setup (stock and Aux together) run say 50 psi WOT! A the last dyno outing I hooked up my boost pressure reference to the regulator and run up to 100....gain....not even 1 hp!

Jim

Make that 2 output shafts this weekend in 3 hooks I guess thats a sign that it's getting tuned in. Time for a 271 upgrade.