how to leave at the same amount of boost every time?

I would need a tach to know that....:bang:bang dont have enough fuel for nitrous, and dont want to have to run it. If I run high enough gear in the rear im breaking pinions, and if I run a low enough gear to take the strain off its running out of steam 2 to 300 feet befor the end of the 1/4. Ill have that part worked out for next year, I just need to get the same launch every time...

speeking of tach, I know that I can cut two more notches in my balancer, but how do I hook up the factory three wire pickup since I dont have any of the stock wiring? I want to use a monster tach that I have, but so far all the info on the site is a little incomplete when it comes to wiring it up... What about you stock600?? what are you running?

The same one you are bud, the clear model.:bang
All my fiqures are based off the math.
I wished the math would help me from breaking all these parts......
I did learn some good stuff from my couple passes last night though, if i can keep from breaking... i expect even better numbers next weekend:evil

10.97 @113 uh.... whats 1/8th mile? :hehe:

So far I havent had one bit of problem with the gear or pinion teeth, its just snapping the pinion at launch. Once you get your tranny brake, you really are going to have a problem if you are breaking stuff while just foot breaking. :bang With my manual brakes.... hell I cant build 5lbs without lifting the front and pushing the tires through the lights.

Well I found a 12v noid in my air bag goodies, and im going to try to rig up valet switch and see what happens...

I need to put my running gear in your truck... I run 10.8 with over 7000# and so far (knock on wood) I havent had to touch anything past the tranny!

Kevin

10.97 @113

Sorry to ask, not trying to offend you, but why is the MPH so low? With a 10.97 your MPH should be around 125 or so. Are you hitting the rev limit early? If so you should have more ET and mph left.

BTW, excellent thread idea. I think the full throttle switch hooked into the trans brake switch, is the perfect boost limiter for the starting line. Hit the brake and hold on! :charger:

This is interesting but in most of the diesel classes a trans brake is not allowed.

Well I found a 12v noid in my air bag goodies, and im going to try to rig up valet switch and see what happens...

It should be pretty simple and work well. Remember, in order to get boost at the level you want at launch, youll need to play with the AFC spring, and smoke(pre-boost) screw. The more you back out the smoke screw(on back of AFC housing) and tighten the starwheel, the less fuel you will have in valet mode. The looser the starwheel, and the farther in the smoke screw is, the more fuel you will have in valet mode. Let us know if you get it set up to work. Just remember this wont work without the AFC foot in the pump.

Eric

Actually, if you just hook it into the transbrake switch, you won't need the full throttle switch at all. Whoops!

Sorry to ask, not trying to offend you, but why is the MPH so low? With a 10.97 your MPH should be around 125 or so. Are you hitting the rev limit early? If so you should have more ET and mph left.

BTW, excellent thread idea. I think the full throttle switch hooked into the trans brake switch, is the perfect boost limiter for the starting line. Hit the brake and hold on! :charger:

I think that there is 2 reasons for his low MPH. He isnt a high hp unit, and he is running just a th400 (3 speed tranny no overdrive) also he isnt running a lockup tc.

His good times are totally related to light weight

Kevin

I think that there is 2 reasons for his low MPH. He isnt a high hp unit, and he is running just a th400 (3 speed tranny no overdrive) also he isnt running a lockup tc.

His good times are totally related to light weight

Kevin

Ah, ok. What about you morkable, what's done to your truck? 10.8 at 7000#+ is fast!

I hope to be faster this next year after I get twins on. Basically a bit of everything is done to it

Kevin

early boost?

10.97 @113 uh.... whats 1/8th mile? :hehe:

So far I havent had one bit of problem with the gear or pinion teeth, its just snapping the pinion at launch. Once you get your tranny brake, you really are going to have a problem if you are breaking stuff while just foot breaking. :bang With my manual brakes.... hell I cant build 5lbs without lifting the front and pushing the tires through the lights.

Ya i hear ya, with all the fuel i have its still hard to build any boost off the line, i may get 5 psi, now once the tranny w/ the brake is back.....it will be a diff. story. And ya i hear you on parts breakage just geting worse, ive not yet broke the shaft of the pinion, im eating the gears off them. I feel it easily got 6.4's in it if i could leave like you are with 20#+ of boost. The good e.t's are all made up right out of the gate, if time is not made up there you can just hope to mph well through the traps. His mph dont match his e.t in the 1/4 for the same reason mine didnt the only time i tryed to stretch it out and run the second half.....run out of gear way early of the traps, the 1/4 mile mph is gathered from the last 66 feet of the track, where both of us are just coasting.

speeking of tach, I know that I can cut two more notches in my balancer, but how do I hook up the factory three wire pickup since I dont have any of the stock wiring? I want to use a monster tach that I have, but so far all the info on the site is a little incomplete when it comes to wiring it up... What about you stock600?? what are you running?

You can use the V+ and the Sensor wires from the factory pickup (can't remember the colors, but I could look them up) or fab a mount for an Autometer pickup.

one thing.. ok, two things.... I am definatly running out of gear without having a overdrive, pr lockup and I work on getting a overdrive somehow some way for next year. But Im happy as heck with how the truck is running right now. I have less in my entire truck than most have in there turbos and trannys alone, and I build everything myself!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I have never herd anything about not being able to use a trannybrake at a diesel race.... but its not like my truck will ever be in anything but bracket racing since my truck is not exactly what you would call normal or street legal. Im happy just running at the midnights against the good ol gasser trash, and the couple bigger events like TS, and Comps.

:Cheer:

one thing.. ok, two things.... I am definatly running out of gear without having a overdrive, pr lockup and I work on getting a overdrive somehow some way for next year. But Im happy as heck with how the truck is running right now. I have less in my entire truck than most have in there turbos and trannys alone, and I build everything myself!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

I have never herd anything about not being able to use a trannybrake at a diesel race.... but its not like my truck will ever be in anything but bracket racing since my truck is not exactly what you would call normal or street legal. Im happy just running at the midnights against the good ol gasser trash, and the couple bigger events like TS, and Comps.

:Cheer:

Are you going to Rich's Arm Drop event this weekend?

A buddy of mine just did this for his truck. He used two Hobbs switches. One triggers a green LED at the desired boost and then a second one triggers a red LED if he goes too high with the boost. You could also do it where it turns off the LED if you go too high by using a NC Hobbs switch instead of a NO one.

Thats your truck? I seen a pic of it in one of the diesel mags the other night!

Kevin