How to pin a 2006 ECM to a 2004.5 truck.

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
This is for competition only. You'll also need to hook up the CAN to pins 14 and 6 in the OBDII port and disable the SKIM in the ECM using EFILive.

2012_06_09_15_07_23.jpg

Nice. Kinda sounds like my last truck with no electronics working for almost a year. Thanks for the info

Grab the 06 harness when you swipe the ECM and piggy back it.
The DD option with everything still working.

Last edited:
my luck I would be 99% done doing this and get a text that efi has been released...........

my luck I would be 99% done doing this and get a text that efi has been released...........

Thats what I thought three years ago when I went stand alone lol. IMO by the time you do 06 ecm and tuner wire harness your half way there to the real thing ;)

Anyone know how it would differ w an 03

Yes, some of the wires would go in different spots.

Thats what I thought three years ago when I went stand alone lol. IMO by the time you do 06 ecm and tuner wire harness your half way there to the real thing ;)

You ain't kidding. What keeps people doing this is the price. Even at $3900 for the zeus, it's not as cheap as a $600 ECM and $100 harness.

who wants to come to fall brawl and do one for me?

Not it!

lol ill be at fall show too anyone want to two lol whats this piggy back stuff i just fixxed my ac and really dont wanna loose it cruse and chit i care less

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Joefarmer
Originally Posted by Joesixpack
Thats what I thought three years ago when I went stand alone lol. IMO by the time you do 06 ecm and tuner wire harness your half way there to the real thing
You ain't kidding. What keeps people doing this is the price. Even at $3900 for the zeus, it's not as cheap as a $600 ECM and $100 harness.
The Zues ECM is very nice, and you know exactly what happens with every table, but the software leaves a lot to be desired compared to EFILive. Its buggy at best, and the tools with EFI are much better (smoothing, analyzing, etc) IMO. On the flip side, Zues is available already for the trucks that EFI is still working on.

The Zues ECM is very nice, and you know exactly what happens with every table, but the software leaves a lot to be desired compared to EFILive. Its buggy at best, and the tools with EFI are much better (smoothing, analyzing, etc) IMO. On the flip side, Zues is available already for the trucks that EFI is still working on.
Yeah that zeus software leaves a lot to be desired. LOL

How would you make it better?

[You ain't kidding. What keeps people doing this is the price. Even at $3900 for the zeus, it's not as cheap as a $600 ECM and $100 harness].

I have an ecm where can the harness be bought for $100 ? I want one. Please !!!:snoop:

[You ain't kidding. What keeps people doing this is the price. Even at $3900 for the zeus, it's not as cheap as a $600 ECM and $100 harness].

I have an ecm where can the harness be bought for $100 ? I want one. Please !!!:snoop:
Poke around the classifieds. My last one came from CompD.

I can get brand new engine harness..but not for 100$ good luck finding one for 100$ now that this is happening..

I might know where an engine harness for an 06 is that is for sale.....