How to remove clutch fan assembly on '06?

nrussell

Any pointers on how to get this joker off of front of motor? It's not cooperating.
Thanks

should take a 35mm fan wrench. turn it counterclockwise. i found this out the hard way, LOL

DSC00771.jpg
This helps 60 bucks or so.

air chisel....Ahem i have never done this nor does it work... do not try at home!!
works like a champ if its reallly on there. but use wrenches first. and leave the belt on makes it easier.

rent the kit from your local ao\uto parts store autozone oreilys to name a couple have a loan a tool program

yep it's a 36mm (I think 1- 7/16" will work also). Like others said, counter clockwise just like a regular nut. A couple hard smacks from a dead blow hammer will usually free it up.

I know this thread is old...On my 04 the fan clutch wires are split in half... Whats the best route as far as splicing this back together? Both ends on the ecm side and on the fan clutch side are all different color wires. It got to dark to see where the ecm side goes to? does it plug into another plug before it gets to the ecm? Thanks for any info

take off the 4 10mm bolts that the whole assembly is on to the block its makes it easier to to work on out of the truck.