how tough is this turbo

irontx25

alright fellas ... little more help here.. got my turbo on my bench,how much woopin will this thing take... broke out my 8 pounder .. fixin to get serious with it ... figured i would ask first.. cant get it to seperate

They can be a pain to separate. A little airhammer action around the edge can help.

man im tellin you .... i guess i should have invested in an air hammer... been hearing that one alot lately... thats about the only thing i dont have...going to northern... might just get one.. thanks man

Its also a great tool to use to shock a brake rotor loose that has never been off before. Work around the rotor hat and it will free up the rusted bond.

I love my air hammer! I also like my 20in chisel i have for it too works great to knock V-bands off when sized.

ha... have a brand new handy.. dandy air hammer .. will be givin it hell now... thanks for the input yall

A little heat from a torch can help too along with an air hammer... had a stubborn HT60 that worked on :)

if they little air hammer dont work i have a 16lb jack hammmer at work that would do the trick, they are kinda of expensive though about 1200 bucks each. But if it will work for knocking out furance it should be able do what you want it to lol

A little heat from a torch can help too along with an air hammer... had a stubborn HT60 that worked on :)

+1. Helped take a turbo apart from a pulling tractor, used a torch to heat it up and then two taps later she fell right apart.