Howdy

JHealy1979

Hi, James from middle Tennessee
Little about my project.
I'll start with.....its cursed.
06 quad cab dually.
Flatbed on 22.5 semis
Currently it has a 3/4 dewalt cordless drill as a power plant but the 5.9 that's going to takes its place is only feet away.
This is motor number 3 since I've owned it.
First 5.9 lasted 312k
Had Black's Diesel swap in a 6.7 got 45k out of that motor. 3 head gaskets 2 heads and a cracked cylinder finally ended its life.
Picked up the 5.9 that going in now completely rebuilt with ARP everything early cr pistons polished 12v rods
625s.
Right now it has industrial injection race 7 injectors 450hp but those are coming out for the 115% injectors I had in the 6.7.
S468 turbo with the second gen swap
Ppe dual fuelers
5" straight piped
G56 with SB dual disc
Oh and snow performance methanol injection(that I still haven't quite figured out.)

Welcome to the party, if I was you I'd keep it electric. Seems to the the trend these days

Welcome to the party, if I was you I'd keep it electric. Seems to the the trend these days
I have a picture of the drill chucked up to the input shaft on the g56 in the engine bay. Surprised at how many people didn't get the joke. Gonna find out today if it will actually power it into the shop though. Better than pushing it alone.

I have a picture of the drill chucked up to the input shaft on the g56 in the engine bay. Surprised at how many people didn't get the joke. Gonna find out today if it will actually power it into the shop though. Better than pushing it alone.

Please record

Welcome! I was curious if that actually worked to move it around! Keep us updated.

I bet in low range, it would pull the truck around decent enough. Kinda a good idea, let us know if it works.

Welcome to the site.

5.9 to 6.7 and back to 5.9

Sounds like the 6.7 had issues before you started running it. Why back to 5.9?

Edit: great intro thread! That’s how it’s done.

Welcome to the site.

5.9 to 6.7 and back to 5.9

Sounds like the 6.7 had issues before you started running it. Why back to 5.9?

Edit: great intro thread! That’s how it’s done.

I bought the 6.7 from Black's diesel. After I blew the head gasket I had the head checked and it was "milled to far" to rebuild. Then I straight edged the block and it was low between one of the cylinders. Only a couple thousands so it should have been fine but another headgasket later I found a Crack down the cylinder.
Got the 5.9 for a pretty good deal. Brand new fleece head polished 12v rods arp 625s new qsb pistons ppe dual fuelers already on it as well as all the bolt ons starter ac alternator. For 8k couldn't pass it up