hp # for p-pumped 24v

I did 450 on a SPS62 gated at 43 psi. It was definitely over fueled, think it would've done better if I toned back the fuel a bit. Gonna dyno again in March, should have my head taken care of and running a good bit more boost.

Dusty from HTS transmissions ran his P-pumped twinned 24v this fall and put down 650 and 11XX something if I remember right. Someone can pipe up with more accurate info if they have it about that run. Its too early to predict my own set up but a P-pump, twins and some other mods are in process now and the spring should be a fun time thats for sure. Are you running one now or is that set up in your future?

Just curious why you are doing the conversion. I am thinking about doing it, but I've been told that I'm crazy to give up my great drive ability I enjoy now. I replaced my injection pump at 60,000 miles because mine was toast. I replaced the pump with an II hrvp and now have 84,000 miles. It's a big nut to replace the pump for sure. My truck makes 627 hp the way it sits now, but I always want more. I would love to do the swap, just want input from others who have done the swap, or are considering the swap as you jaswright2003.

Warpig said:
Just curious why you are doing the conversion. I am thinking about doing it, but I've been told that I'm crazy to give up my great drive ability I enjoy now. I replaced my injection pump at 60,000 miles because mine was toast. I replaced the pump with an II hrvp and now have 84,000 miles. It's a big nut to replace the pump for sure. My truck makes 627 hp the way it sits now, but I always want more. I would love to do the swap, just want input from others who have done the swap, or are considering the swap as you jaswright2003.

you made 627 with or without the water/meth? if it was with it then when do you make without the w/m? also what was your mix? thinking about adding it to my truck this year.

Water/meth added 38 hp. I used keystone's winter mix, should of tried the boost juice.

Warpig said:

To be different, and to prove somebody wrong :evil. Which kit to buy Scheid's or Haisley's. Shooting for 900hp:rockwoot:

jaswright2003 said:
To be different, and to prove somebody wrong :evil. Which kit to buy Scheid's or Haisley's. Shooting for 900hp:rockwoot:

The Scheid and Haisley kit are the same.

Buy from your preferred vendor.

I buy from Haisley. I have a good reletionship with them and their parts.

~Wes~

Crawler said:
The Scheid and Haisley kit are the same.

Buy from your preferred vendor.

I buy from Haisley. I have a good reletionship with them and their parts.

~Wes~

what size fuel lines would you recommend. would i need a 94-97 fass system?

Line size depends on the injectors and pump you plan to run. Also the intention for the truck.

You may want stock. However I would say the .08x lines would work for most.

The .093 lines are what I use for a 13mm pump with EDM DV holders and Dragon Flow Injectors. In other words pretty big fuel.

~Wes~

Also, yes you will need some sort of fuel system.

A Fass would be the most simple option

jaswright2003 said:
what size fuel lines would you recommend. would i need a 94-97 fass system?

I'm running the 95 GPH 150 series FASS thats 45 psi. Last 4 digits in the part number is 1010. I usually see better than 30 psi (thats where my gauge stops, but I've seen it as low as 25. I'm gonna do the bic pen spring into the overflow valve and let the FASS regulate the fuel pressure instead of the OFV.

jaswright2003 said:
would i need a 94-97 fass system?

Is the pick up at the fuel tank the same on the 12v (94-98) as the 24v (98.4-02). i know the connection to the injector pump it self is different. Should I buy the 12v (94-98) kit, buy everything separately, or go homemade

I am pulling off the Scheids VP and putting on a P-pump here soon along with some other parts at the same time. I didnt buy a "kit" instead I pieced it together. Your looking for 900HP, What other mods are you planning on to achieve that kind of number or are you spraying it up that high?

carfichris said:
Your looking for 900HP, What other mods are you planning on to achieve that kind of number or are you spraying it up that high?

bigger injectors, high performance spark plugs, flat top pistons, bigger Banks stickers, bigger tires, and a bigger Cummins sticker.:hehe:

ultimately 900hp is my goal on #2. no spray. its going to be my project for 2008.

Sounds like a great goal on fuel alone. I havent set a target HP for my project, we'll see when its all bolted together and dialed in. I was just curious what kind of actual engine mods you were going to do and what your pump plans were?

900 fuel only on a p-pump is more than possible. Just get ready to do a lot of tuning.

The tuning on a p-pump is paramount. It has to be pretty darn good to get to 900. No matter how much fuel you have nailing 900 fuel only on a dyno with a mechanical motor is almost an artform.

Best of luck to you. Remember we're here to help. You need anything put it up here and we'll do what we can.

~Wes~

carfichris said:
Sounds like a great goal on fuel alone. I havent set a target HP for my project, we'll see when its all bolted together and dialed in. I was just curious what kind of actual engine mods you were going to do and what your pump plans were?

i already have a helix 2 cam, f1 valve springs, port job, o-rings, and studs. will probably get some mach injectors, working on twins, and tranny. not sure what pump i will use. looking to get a spare engine to do some internal work on, and put everything together and drop it in.

Back