HP Guess?

jdgleason

I have a friend who is talking up his 24v. Im not that knowledgable with dodge setups but i was wondering what you guys thought. Its an 02. Mods include: 110 horse injectors hotrod vp44 fass 150 lift pump and some hybrid hx35 over an s475 and a juice for tuning. Thing is starved for fuel not even a haze before the 475 spools. Feels like it falls on its face on the top end and takes forever to spool. Im guessing 500-515ish? Any ideas? He says 700 and if he had nitrous 1000 lol

Depends on a few variables not mentioned but definately in the ball park of around 480 +/- ~20.

ETs @ 5200 feet somewhere in the low 14s then for a qc? High 13s on a good day? He has a tranny as well but its on 35s

there is no way he would have 700 just because he has a twin setup doesn't mean he has a crap load of power. i would say 500 AT MOST.

With only 110's i would say low 400's max. That thing would tow like a mother i bet.

435-445.

Might scratch 475.

I'd be shocked at anything above.

700? Not in his wildest wet dream.

With only 110's i would say low 400's max. That thing would tow like a mother i bet.

It would.... Except I think that his turbos are piss poorly matched. If he was running something smaller for his atmosphere charger I would agree. But It wont spool til 50 or 55 mph so its not benefiting him much unless hes WOT and has been moving for a while... stays pretty cool tho lol he brags about struggling to hit 1300* lol

435-445.

Might scratch 475.

I'd be shocked at anything above.

700? Not in his wildest wet dream.

Ya... he went to some dyno event close to home for us a while back and unfortunately I was working and no one else I know went. So he brought back a dyno sheet with 708 and 13xx and I absolutely couldnt believe it. The dyno sheet had no name or truck or any identification on it tho. But at that point I called him out said no friggin way.

ETs @ 5200 feet somewhere in the low 14s then for a qc? High 13s on a good day? He has a tranny as well but its on 35s

Punch these numbers into any hp calculator and you'll come out around 450ish...it's not 100% accurate but it's a far cry from 700hp.

That thing seriously needs bigger injectors.

Thats what I said... He has some guy outside of town that seems to be feeding him bs. He was telling me they were gonna try out bigger chargers! And i laughed like hell lol. And he also said he bought a 2 stage nitrous setup... So im curious to see what happens with that lol

Punch these numbers into any hp calculator and you'll come out around 450ish...it's not 100% accurate but it's a far cry from 700hp.

My fault that was a question. His best that he has run that ive seen was about 14.9. But that was his first time at the track. I was thinking out loud really. I would expect low 14s maybe high 13s- would I be correct?

Around 14 seconds in the 1/4 mile is going to put a 7000 lb truck at around 450 hp. My 7300 lb. '02 duramax will do 14.9 in the 1/4 all day long and it has approx a 60hp EFI Live tune, it barely makes a smoke haze when the fuel pedal is pounded to the floor and I suspect it's still under 400 hp to the rear wheels...so go figure.

Ya... he went to some dyno event close to home for us a while back and unfortunately I was working and no one else I know went. So he brought back a dyno sheet with 708 and 13xx and I absolutely couldnt believe it. The dyno sheet had no name or truck or any identification on it tho. But at that point I called him out said no friggin way.

My truck does a little north of 700 with a 1.65 correction factor, too.

:lolly: