HT3B oil feed orifice

zsk7687

What is the recommended oil orifice size for the oil inlet, or is it already in the inlet to regulate oil pressure. Thanks in advance.

1/4 npt x -4 jic fitting works fine

You talking about the fitting from the top of the oil cooler here?

I found this thread while searching a similar subject. It appears my BHT3B does not have an adaptor fitting like the ones found on HX35s and such, so is there an oriface in the 3B? Do the 3Bs even use an adaptor fitting?

The threads are M14x1.5 and I was just going to adapt that to some -6 SS line I have left over from another project, but if that is too big to use with no restrictor, then where can I find one?

There's no restrictions added to the oil feed line if that's what you're asking. The turbo cartridge is the restriction. Just use -4 line and you'll be good to go.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

There's no restrictions added to the oil feed line if that's what you're asking. The turbo cartridge is the restriction. Just use -4 line and you'll be good to go.

Gotcha, thanks

That's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Where does that go? I've never seen a restricted feedline fitting in any Cat or Detroit that I've worked on.

As close to the turbo as possible.

OEM turbos usually don't need a restriction because they are designed to use that turbo.

As close to the turbo as possible.

OEM turbos usually don't need a restriction because they are designed to use that turbo.

Ah, makes good clean sense.

I've built lots of restricted fittings for hydraulic applications, but I've never used one in a turbo feed. Learned. :beer:

Last edited: