ht3b or ht60

shawnsack

i want to do a cheap twin setup thats good for towning and spooling fairly quick i hear the hx35/ht3b setup is good but i can get an ht60 for about half the price i can get an ht3b... would it be worth it to use an ht60? if so what size housing should i look for

ht60 is a good turbo. If you don't plan on going over 700hp or so, I'd look for a 21cm housing for it.

Which would be better to run on nitrous or would it matter. I have both and am trying to figure out which one to run in my twin setup, under a 64

I would just use whichever IMO either will be fine. If anything measure the shaft diameter and use the one with a bigger shaft.

HT60's are a little harder to pipe in due to the reverse flow. But they seem to work great.

ok so would a 26cm housing on an ht60 be too big for me to spool with an hx35? would it be laggy?

The 26cm will be fine. This truck has a HX35W with 14cm exh housing and a HT60 with a 26cm exh housing. It spools fine.

mine has 12cm housing with a wastegate but its blocked off... now what was this about the reverse flow? im confused does that mean the place that the hx35s exit is the entry on the ht60?

mine has 12cm housing with a wastegate but its blocked off... now what was this about the reverse flow? im confused does that mean the place that the hx35s exit is the entry on the ht60?

You really will not want that waste gate plugged off. You will want to drill out the divider in the exhaust housing and you will also want to drill it out to 3/4" if I remember correctly. The reverse flow is basically how the turbo is set up. Look how the HT60 is and look at how a S400 is.
HT60
IMG_0007.jpg

S400
SNC00051.jpg

Reverse flow is just basically the turbo is spinning opposite of the S400 style turbos. It still works the same way it just makes packaging a little more tight when you get to the air filter and trying to keep the RH battery in the stock location.

Last edited:
HT3b, HT60, HT4B, HT4C, ...... are all reverse rotation. Looking at the compressor wheel, it turns counter-clockwise.

HX35, HX40, HX55, HX60, HX80, .... S300, S400, S500 ....... all are standard rotation. Looking at the compressor wheel, it turns clockwise.

Last edited:
well i went out and baught an ht3b and the hot and cold pipe to connect it to the hx35... i also have 60lb valve springs and 4sk kit coming... already have a fuel plate that was in the truck when i baught it...now my question is when i do i need to get a fass... how much horse power will my factory pump support