HTT Sledpuller 66 VS. Super PhatShaft 66??

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
So its time for me to get a new turbo and I am caught between the two...
Im not to sure which one to go with.

Any suggestions or horror stories on them?

Yeah the Sledpuller will spool faster and run cooler for in town driving but the SPS will make more power and cool better @WOT then the Sled puller but will run a lil warmer when off boost.

Never ran a sled puller but I have had good luck with both the SPS-66 and the Silver Bullet 66.

Jim

What are your goals/plans with the charger? We have a 66 we built up for a project and switched to an S400 based charger. 66-74-13SS 3rd Gen outlets with a mechanical wastegate control.

Legit 700 hp on a single that small is kinda major......

The 65 wheel has proven to be a major cause of surging on the opposite side of a 66mm compressor. The 71 or 73 is a much better choice.

700hp, single charger:

are you planning on driving this on the road? you have an auto right?

whats the difference between Super PhatShaft 66 and a Silverbullet66

I have a sled puller 66 with a stainless 13 exhast and I love it. But if your thinking 700 definatly twins would be way better.

700 single charger is very laggy and with an auto, almost impossible to drive daily. The people that I know running that type of set-up use a manual and it is still laggy.

I would say twins or a smaller single with a shot of *nx*

I ran a Sled puller 66/65/14 for about 3 years and it works fine on a CR up to about 620 hp. Anything over that the egts get out of control. I'm now running a Pro street 66/71/13 and there's a bit more lag but it will handle more fuel and still control egts. Still very drivable on the street. If I was shooting for 700hp and wanting to stay with a single I would go with the Silver Bullet 66/74/14 or the Pro street 66/71/13. These turbos will handle 700hp but egts may be a bit toasty.

66/74/13SS for better spool than the bullet and more turbine flow than the Pro-Street.