hx40/ht3b dyno results

B18B1LS1

Made a few pulls on a the dynojet today. Unfortunately it was darn hard to get under the big turbine housings I'm running, 18/32 cm. Ended up making 590/1050 with the hp peaking a hair above 3000 rpm. On the street with some load they run well, just not much of a dyno twinset. And for whatever reason lost reverse in the tranny during the process, doh!

Made a few pulls on a the dynojet today. Unfortunately it was darn hard to get under the big turbine housings I'm running, 18/32 cm. Ended up making 590/1050 with the hp peaking a hair above 3000 rpm. On the street with some load they run well, just not much of a dyno twinset. And for whatever reason lost reverse in the tranny during the process, doh!

Sweet man!!!

Didn't know you doing twins!!! That's kewl!!!

Congrats!!

Those aren't horrible numbers. Adam never could get them to lite at Schieds last year and had some worse numbers than that. I am uploading a vid of him last year at SDX

Sweet man!!!

Didn't know you doing twins!!! That's kewl!!!

Congrats!!

Thanks! Figured I would try something different. On the street I'm about out of fuel with these injectors it seems, but on the dyno its hard to get them going soon enough in the rpms and it makes for a huge smoke show. I'll keep playing with them and see what happens. Maybe add a little :nos: to the mix next time!

Here you go

He told me about dynoing there, and said they never did get lit really, I think he made around 425 hp. These turbos definately need some load to lite off. But once they do they hit the tires HARD.

Here's the graph
DSC00741.jpg

Does anyone else have any results from a 32 cm housing? I know most run a 26 or smaller, but on the street when it lites this thing is an animal!

they were originally built for a 24v with a loose converter and 4k capacity for strip use. Dyno looks like your out of fuel by 2800rpm. you want to tune to hit this set at 2500+ and keep fueling to redline. 590 is not bad by any means!

2500 rpms is about where they hit HARD on the street, if I load them up with the brakes I can get them to smack at about 2200. 590 is okay, but not what I'm after. But I can only ask so much from these little compressors. I think it might make a little more but the dyno wasn't going to show me with so little load. I'm going to sell these ddp4's soon and get something a little bigger, and then really lean on these things!

Seeing this puts me in high hopes of breaking 600 when I finally get to dyno. We have about identical setups. Except I only have a 22cm on my 3b.

My drag truck made 690+ with the exact same turbos when Matt had it. It made 680 consistently before I removed them and went bigger

I was waiting for you to chime in, I have been curious what kind of numbers yours put down on yours. You were in the 80+psi range weren't you?

My drag truck made 690+ with the exact same turbos when Matt had it. It made 680 consistently before I removed them and went bigger

If I remember correctly, It popped 740 at Indy back in 05 with that combo????

Seeing this puts me in high hopes of breaking 600 when I finally get to dyno. We have about identical setups. Except I only have a 22cm on my 3b.

22 is much more daily driver friendly, I really liked mine! Got a extra 26 if you want one!