Hx82 info

ISBeINSIDE

Left Coast Hooker
Back story: am considering hanging a hx80 something under my k31...
I am interested in knowing more about this famy of turbos I.e. Wheel sizes, housing options and aftermarket upgrades... Any info appreciated

Jason

I know where there is a hx82 for sale. It was the small turbo on a twin turbo alcohol 360 inch JD.

I know when I messed up a compressor wheel on my hx82 it was over a grand for a new wheel!

I will consider a different secondary but I need info on the hx80's please...

they're HUGE, i know that much haha, when spooled they suck in leaves, birds, sticks, and small children LOL

With all respect due... I was looking for specs, not opinions. There are alot of things that are going to change in/on my rig in the off season. I have an idea for my setup and I would like some specs/info.... Thanks in advance

Jason

If you want info on those you'd be hard pressed to find a shop with more info than Keating Machine.
865-250-1885

With all respect due... I was looking for specs, not opinions. There are alot of things that are going to change in/on my rig in the off season. I have an idea for my setup and I would like some specs/info.... Thanks in advance

Jason

I think Forced Inductions sells Holsett. Send Jose a pm and he can probably help you.

Problem is there is such a huge range of HX-82's, or turbo's called HX-82. The HX-82 and variants start at about a 91mm and I have seen as big as 117mm billet wheel. They come in both aluminum and steel compressor housings, I have seen 32, 36, 41, and 48cm turbine housings and there very well could be others. As well as turbine wheels from 96mm to 117mm.

It is a large frame robust charger, but unlike the rest of the HX line, it has so many options that really is hard to nail it down.

Thank you Ron and dvs8tr. I will try and locate a part number for the sizes that will hopefully work for my further setup... I will pm jose at forced inductions and see what he comes up with... Thanks again...

Just thinking out loud but does the hx80, hx82, or hx85 mean a whole lot when it comes to the sizing... Or can I get the same wheels in all of them?

From what I remember they differ from hx80-85.

To be honest, unless your in SS there seems to be less and less reasons to run one on our applications.

To be honest, unless your in SS there seems to be less and less reasons to run one on our applications.

This.

I would look into a GT55, or into a thumper if you need that kind of air or like Ron said talk to Jose about your setup, he will get you pointed in the right direction.

From what I remember they differ from hx80-85.

I do pull super street... Next season I am trying to move past the competition, you know how that goes...

Ive heard and seen great results from the PBK 100mm from Gillette diesel. Was talked about in the s510 thread in the turbo/super charger tech forum. I know it works very well with a 71/72 mm secondary. Couple guys out this way running that setup and seems to be very stout.

I know your lookin for HX-82 info but seemed like it went a different direction so just thought Id throw that out there.

I do pull super street... Next season I am trying to move past the competition, you know how that goes...

Ah, that makes more sense then. I would advise calling Keating, he has ALOT of experience with the big holsets.