Hydro boost?

cumins01

Looking to see some pictures of how you guys are removing the hydro boost units and installing a master cylinder. I want to get rid of the hydro boost system/ abs in my dodge puller and clean up the engine bay a little bit. What master cylinder you went with and how you hooked up the power steering system.
Thanks

Here is a couple pic's. We just removed the stock master cylinder and hydro boost set up and mounted a after market slave cylinder on the plate we bolted to the firewall.

mastercyl1.jpg

mastercyl2.jpg

I used a master cylinder from a 70's model ford. Non power unit

Thanks for the pic Jason. Gives me a good idea. If I can see it then I can make it LOL. Thanks for input on the master cylinder Jeremy

What do you do with the power steering lines? or better yet how do you hook them up without using the hydroboost?

Thanks largeride. If you could tx them to me. 513-Two five five 4 five 1 five

I'd be interested in the hydroboost set up if its complete. I'd want hoses fittings and everything

I just used a stock hydro boost, pretty simple and works good.

[ame="http://s912.photobucket.com/user/1jakethesnake/media/null_zps5131118a.jpg.html"]null_zps5131118a.jpg Photo by 1jakethesnake | Photobucket[/ame]

[ame="http://s912.photobucket.com/user/1jakethesnake/media/null_zps169f6b99.jpg.html"]null_zps169f6b99.jpg Photo by 1jakethesnake | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Picked up a small manual master cylinder from the parts store today from a 1978 Ford Fairmont. The push rod is real close a little cutting and welding and should be good to go.

So how do you get rid of the hydroboost and keep the factory steering? I would like to get rid of my hydroboost as well and put the master cylinder like pictured but not sure of the steering setup for a 2.6 truck.

THanks

I removed just removed the hydroboost hoses from the pump and steering gear. Cut the hose off the steel end (where it hooked into the pump and steering box) (where the hose was crimped onto the steel end) and had a hydraulic shop weld on fittings and used a hose and connected them. Plugged the open return port in the pump.

Back