Hydrolocked the motor

Well, I noticed the problem started yesterday. I was pulling my trailer driving 60-65 down the highway when my truck seemed to lose power so I pulled over and the truck was idling rough. So then I killed the motor and turned the ignition off and on 3-4 times to prime the injectors thinking maybe the fuel pump crap out. After that I fired it back up then still rough idle and killed it again and repeated this like 4-5 times. Then truck was running back to normal after doing it some time. So, today again truck started it again when I was pulling up at a red light then the truck was back idling ruff again today. I was trying to go but my truck was only going like 1-2 mph trying to move my butt out of the intersection to the side of the road. Then I tried what I did yesterday by priming the injectors then craking up 4-5 times. It start back idling fine so I drove to my local auto shop but there modis scanner wouldn't read the 6.0L. But when I was up at the local shop my truck was smoking a white-blueish smoke which I think is raw fuel. I would kill the truck and crank it and white smoke comes out at first but at idle it is white-blueish smoke. So, then I was headed to my local Fode Dealer but made 1/4 way there and truck acting up again, so I killed it rolling over to the side of the road pulling over then was going to start the truck but it only turned over 1/2 turn and stopped. I think an injector is stuck open and a cyclinder is full of fuel or blew the headgaskets and water is in the cyclinder. I will know for sure when Ford looks at it in couple of days.

So, I don't think it blew the head gaskets but think I have 1 or more injectors sticking open or something. I am not really sure whats going on but I know something isn't good. These were new injectors just put in about 5000 miles ago.

-Micah

Last edited:
If it turned over 1/2 way and just stopped...something is probably in there.
Did you notice a raw fuel smell from the exhaust ?

A blown gasket or cooler is a bright white smoke....fuel is the white/blue you describe.

Well, I was rolling like 10-15mph when I killed the motor because I had the truck idling in netruel rolling over to the side of the road. But the truck was just idling back rough again so i killed it, but thats when it wouldn't turn over but 1/4-1/2 turn and was locked up. I dunno what it is. -Micah

I had replied to this thread before and the thread was lost. Lets see if this one stays :)

About the same happened to my 04 twice. Going down the road the truck started to virbrate and then had no power at all. I coasted to the side of the road and the engine shut off. After that the engine would not turn over, you could hear the starter engage and try to spin the engine but could not.

First time it locked up they replaced 2 injectors (around 40k miles). This was ~800 miles after the headgaskets had been changed.

Then about 1500 miles later it was down on power bad. Towed to the closest dealership and the 2nd dealership found the injectors on the left side loose Replaced 4 injectors.

About 2000 miles later it locked up again and the 1st dealership replaced 2 more injectors.

I don't know exactly which injectors have been replaced. But it also had 4 replaced at around 20k miles due to bad o-rings. So overall the truck has went threw 12 injectors in ~48k miles. The truck has 53k miles now and seems to be ok. Ran its best 1/4 mile even after the 2 lockups :)

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="9324"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
Gt-358

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Last edited: