I believe the fastest LIL Red Express in the world is now a diesel

VMAX

Ran a 10.380 at 127 mph in Dallas on Friday and wrecked it at the traps. Blew a freeze plug and dumped coolant on the track then lost it quickly. I spun around and hit the wall. Truck seems okay so far. mostly cosmetic except for 4 link, intercooler, maybe a front spindle and two wheels.

Truck has much more in it. Got tranny rebuilt and the stall is lower now. Brakes would not hold more than 8-9 PSI of boost. So my best 60 of the night after rebuild is 1.629

I believe this is the fastest LIL Red before my time. Please anyone let me know if this is not so. His fastest posted is 10.48

Will post time slip soon enough. Wish I had video but it was a test and tune night and I don't think anyone got it on tape.

YouTube - Worlds Fastest Lil Red Express Truck

That sucks! Another 2wd falls to a freeze plug! Glad to hear it's easily rebuildable, and congrats on the time, that's movin!

Congratulations Max, I hear ya on the freeze plug thing:doh:
I have been lucky(or blessed) twice, first time at well over a 100 miles an hour and managed to save it, not looking forward to 3 times a charm.
The next engine gets screw in freeze plugs.

Congratulations Max, I hear ya on the freeze plug thing:doh:
I have been lucky(or blessed) twice, first time at well over a 100 miles an hour and managed to save it, not looking forward to 3 times a charm.
The next engine gets screw in freeze plugs.

Thanks David.. Saturday I could not stop thinking about it. Even though it happened so fast I wonder if I would have been able to save it after say I have 150 passes on the truck and not 11, 12 being the wreck. But man it came around so quick I am not sure if I could have been saved without a parachute and more room. Makes me want one just for emergencies. Even with it I don't think I could have hit the button in time.

You did a very good Job keeping the truck from smacking the wall too hard. One heck of a run though... Glad you went back for your timeslip!

Thanks David.. Saturday I could not stop thinking about it. Even though it happened so fast I wonder if I would have been able to save it after say I have 150 passes on the truck and not 11, 12 being the wreck. But man it came around so quick I am not sure if I could have been saved without a parachute and more room. Makes me want one just for emergencies. Even with it I don't think I could have hit the button in time.

Don't beat yourself up too bad, fix it and get back on the track.

Just thank the big guy above, things could have been worse.

I sure hated it for you for sure, get it back together and dont look back. Ive had my front and rears taking care of but after seeing your's Im now working on a fix for my 4 on the side. It was good to meet ya, see yall at the next one. Ryan

I sure hated it for you for sure, get it back together and dont look back. Ive had my front and rears taking care of but after seeing your's Im now working on a fix for my 4 on the side. It was good to meet ya, see yall at the next one. Ryan

Great meeting you too man! Cool 1/2 ton!

Don't beat yourself up too bad, fix it and get back on the track.

Yea I gave myself a good beaten and myself gives up!

You did a very good Job keeping the truck from smacking the wall too hard. One heck of a run though... Glad you went back for your timeslip!

Is this where I say " yea I drove it like a pro and kept the damage minimal " Naaaaa, it happened so fast that pure luck and god kept the injuries and damage minimal in my opinion. Wish I had a VID of it.............

Is this where I say " yea I drove it like a pro and kept the damage minimal " Naaaaa, it happened so fast that pure luck and god kept the injuries and damage minimal in my opinion. Wish I had a VID of it.............
X2 This is True..........

It was good to meet you on Saturday, I really hate to see what happened, but I am very thankful you came out with nothing more than a need for new underwear!

Get it rebuilt and go after it again!

It was good to meet you on Saturday, I really hate to see what happened, but I am very thankful you came out with nothing more than a need for new underwear!

Get it rebuilt and go after it again!

Great to meet you too man! We will be back!

Figured I would post some updated pics. Max should be taking her to the body shop here soon.

Starting:

Lilredwrecked2.jpg

Getting into it:

LilRedRebuild2.jpg

LilRedRebuild3.jpg

LilRedRebuild.jpg

LilRedRebuild4.jpg

LilRedwoodremoved2.jpg

LilRedwoodremoved.jpg

LilRedRebuild6.jpg

LilRedRebuild7.jpg

In this pic the back looks kinda like an old coupe.

LilRedRebuild5.jpg

Looks good, glad to see you jumped right in and getting it back together, dragstars fit the truck nicely

That definitely stinks to hear about the wreck. I'm glad you're alright and the truck wasn't hurt too bad. I think everyone should take an extra note of freeze plugs now. I know that is on my list now.