I found out why my truck wouldnt run....

Jff24Gordn

FIRE
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang
I was in a hurry to get to TS last week and when I went to time my truck, I just spun it backwards from the alternator instead of using a barring tool from underneath. Well, I didn't take into account that I was spinning the pump backwards, so when I went to 6.8mm of lift, that was on the falling side of the cam. So I had it timed so far in advance that it must have been spraying fuel on the intake stroke. It did run like that, but had tons of white smoke and shook real bad at idle rpms. :bang
So 2 hours ago when I realized the problem was the nut behind the ratchet, I put it back to where it should be and it started right up and idled at 1800.:badidea: Maybe my new governor spring are too tight, but it ran w/o filling the shop with white smoke. :st:

You're not alone man....there were quite a few having issues at TS. There was a lot of head scratching going on. Glad you figured yours out.

My first run... I forgot to plug my fuel pump back in.... as I was staging, it ran out :bang didn't realize what was going on till I got to the 1/8 as it spit and sputtered down the track

second run.... no 4x :bang

third run.. still no 4x which is when I realize that when I had the dash a part installing a switch, I forgot to plug 4x back in :bang really wish I had a manual 4x shifter.

:hehe: :hehe:

Sorry Wayne...but I've been there too!

glad you got figured out what's going on!
Chris