I got my mack plug

180px-Buttplug.png

Oh wait...you said Mack Plug

I think this mod is next for me let me know what kind of an improvment it is with a 160 pump....

it is a big improvement with a 160 pump with a a good set of govener springs and afc mods.

I have 3k gov springs looking to go 4k, afc mods cut d-valves and 100 plate,how much more fuel would we be talking??

Schoust said:
I have 3k gov springs looking to go 4k, afc mods cut d-valves and 100 plate,how much more fuel would we be talking??

I'm guessing it would come down to how much your plate restricts the added rack travel this mod allows. Others with more experience will chime in shortly i'm sure. good luck:Cheer:

Borgers12valve said:
oh boy that sounds like fun

You know it!! Fun.
I have heard that some guys just remove the fuel lines and the pump mounting bolts and bracket then just slide the pump back a little. Never tried that, but if it works it saves pulling the pump drive gear.
Good luck.

You still have to pop the gear, the pump is going to go back very far without that loosened.

wildmanben said:
You still have to pop the gear, the pump is going to go back very far without that loosened.

Uhm. Might as well plan on pulling the pump clean the heck out then. Fix it on the work bench. Might wanna think about a change of gov. springs while your at it.

If it's stock, no. Just pin the pump and pin the engine. Actually if the pump was set to a specific timing (other than stock) when it was put together you can still pin it. But the best way to be sure it's timed right other than above is to get the timing tools and time it when you put it back in.