I got my mack plug

The only way the new plug could lower rpm's is if some thing inside the plug is holding the rack back, Which would be very noticeable as it wouldn't rpm anymore than it is.
Your problem is more than likely linkage related, Unless you changed something else while you did the plug(like gov.springs)

It simply keeps the oil from splashing out.

OK, so now you'll ask why its there. On the pump stand, a dial indicator is used through the hole to measure rack travel.

-Jay

The plug on the front of the pump is the last limiting factor towards rack travel, and the Mack plug is simply a deeper plug for more travel... More travel = more fuel. You can shim out the stock plug in a few minutes 2-3mm pretty easily for a little more fuel as well, and if you have a 215 pump that is all you need.

Smokem said:
No offense, but from the explanations that the pump tech offered you at the shop that repaired your injection pump, he is an idiot.
No offense taken. But were my comments wrong? The hole may be there for other reasons, but my comments were based on personal observation.

Smokem said:
Time and again, more rack travel than the stock 2000 rack plug will allow in the 215hp(887-913) is detrimental.

I will agree with that to an extent, the Mack plug is too much for a 215. But 2-3mm in ok, I added 2.25mm to my front plug by shimming it and picked up like 8-10PSI of boost and the SOP difference and smoke was very noticeable.

Borgers12valve said:
I got my mack plug in now the truck won't idle decent it's real low anyone have this problem

Did you get that idle issue fixed up?

Uhmmmmm... I wonder if the pump drive gear spun on the shaft.

did you make sure and clean all of the oil off of the shaft before putting/tightening the gear back up?? Carburetor cleaner or brake parts cleaner works awesome for this. Brake cleaner works best because it leaves NO residue behind. But Carb cleaner works awesome too.

Lance

I never got the pump off i just slid it back far enough to get the plug in,no i really did'nt clean it that well i'll tear into this week sometime

Hey all i finally got my truck running rite my problem is the linkage on the back sliped off and it let the throttle spring go past the stop point causing my truck to idle low

Glad u got it fixed...You can send payment thru the mail or I accept credit cards :hehe:

Borgers12valve said:
Hey all i finally got my truck running rite my problem is the linkage on the back sliped off and it let the throttle spring go past the stop point causing my truck to idle low

Hope the mod was worth all the trouble. Does it run better?

yeah not bad i think the fass pump will help too when i put that on and get it timed is the fass pump a good idea

Last edited:
Borgers12valve said:
yeah not bad i think the fass pump will help too when i put that on and get it timed is the fass pump a good idea

Yes.

Problem my truck may idle fine but i'm only makeing 20psi of boost, i lost 17psi of boost any body know what could be the problem