I have a question for you Zach

So i dont need to run a zinc additive with it than? & what oil should I run to break in the new engine when its ready to put in the truck? TIA

Amsoil is good oil, but the on highway version still has much lower zinc than it use to. If you wan the best amsoil possible run the 15-40 marine oil. It does not have to conform to the new stringent on highway standards.

BTW I believ Amsoil 15-40 is what Scott O'hagan was running when he wiped out his stock cam. Run the Marine version for the best Zinc levels.

Zach Hamilton

Amsoil is good oil, but the on highway version still has much lower zinc than it use to. If you wan the best amsoil possible run the 15-40 marine oil. It does not have to conform to the new stringent on highway standards.

BTW I believ Amsoil 15-40 is what Scott O'hagan was running when he wiped out his stock cam. Run the Marine version for the best Zinc levels.

Zach Hamilton
Ok ill look in to that thanks. They have a marine 15-40 that is full synthetic? I would think they would but just never looked in to it.

We typically put in two bottles for break in, or if someone is running a radical cam with a lot of lift and duration at high rpm. That is the most we suggest and we have not had any issues with that. If it were me I would not excede this amount and then you won't have to worry about too much. On all of the other street trucks we suggest one bottle per oil change.

Zach

We typically put in two bottles for break in, or if someone is running a radical cam with a lot of lift and duration at high rpm. That is the most we suggest and we have not had any issues with that. If it were me I would not excede this amount and then you won't have to worry about too much. On all of the other street trucks we suggest one bottle per oil change.

Zach

What is your opinion on Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40? It is approved by Cummins, but I wonder if they actually did testing on the oil or if it is a marketing sceme.

Zach

Do you happen to know what the PPM is total with the oil and the additive?

Zach Hamilton
The AME 15-40 says diesel/marine. I take it your talking about something diffrent?

I believe Scott Ohagan was running on highway, not marine oil.

Michael Garafolo did some testing with and without our zinc additive using valvoline premium blue. Look under the thread Zinc Additive.

Zach

What is your opinion on Valvoline Premium Blue 15w40? It is approved by Cummins, but I wonder if they actually did testing on the oil or if it is a marketing sceme.

I think valvoline is good stuff for the price.

VPB......TBN-11.60.....Calcium-3964.....Phos-1468.....Zinc-1541......